Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    I thought we might have had a post from renownpictures themselves on the subject. They know how much we were looking forward to this new channel. The choice of films has been so good so far, it's just a shame about the picture break up.

Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Channel 343 on Sky. Been watching the promising new channel for a week or so and am delighted and indeed well impressed.

The films generally come for the 30's and 40's with exceptions. What really delights me is the picture fidelity. Excellent work seems to have been done restoring each film. No subtitles, but the sound is at the very least tolerable to those hard of hearing. But as I have mentioned generally excellent.

The future promises to be good for TALKING PICTURES TV. Our support has got to help. I know they are open to suggestions, where belse can they go better that this site.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    im would mention that they programmed Broken Melody 1937 an dinstead showed the 1934 film with John Garrick.However overall I am very please with this channel.

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    They have a bit of a monster weekend lined up for us with both Behemoth and Gorgo scheduled for this coming Sunday afternoon.

Liked
    1 times
    I very much enjoy seeing so many rare 1930s films. Picture quality isn't a problem. No one is going to spend vast amounts of money to carry out major restorations of obscure vintage films. Original negatives will have long gone and it's a case of utilising whatever prints are available.

Liked
    7 times
    yes I fully agree.some people seem to expect perfection.i am just glad to have a British film channel at long last.after all it must be over 10 years since the demise of Carlton.

Liked
    22 times
    I don't have Sky, and I wondered if anyone on the forum could help me obtain copies of some titles that the channel has aired or which it is about to air? I'm quite happy to trade titles 2 for 1 or will pay a fair amount for copies of each title requested. My list so far is:

Anything to declare? 1938; Front line kids 1942; Private information, 1952; Dangerous ground, 1934; etc

If you can help, please message me and I'll get back to you. Many thanks, Mike

Liked
    7 times
    mike I have sent you a pm.i can sort these out for you.

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    I was watching Will Fyffe in Rolling Home today, it got half way through had an ad break and never came back. It went onto an episode of Honey West. I feel like Tony Hancock in The Missing Page.

Liked
    7 times
    hopefully this will be repeated in the future.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    My main recurring problem with the channel is that "rain stopped play".

Liked
    67 times
    Yesterday I was looking forward to seeing No Way Back, a 1949 release starring Terence de Marney and Eleanor Summerfied.

When it came on it was a 2013 release starring names that I have never heard of, looking on Imdb, I see that there are twelve films with the same title.

Liked
    182 times
    The signal has now gone completely for me. No rain, so could this be due to the heat wave and atmospherics? Just about every other channel I get through Sky is working OK.

Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    The signal has now gone completely for me. No rain, so could this be due to the heat wave and atmospherics? Just about every other channel I get through Sky is working OK.
    There must have been technical trouble yesterday. I lost the channel as well.

Liked
    7 times
    i was watching it last night and there was no problem.

Liked
    182 times
    Well, two days on and I still have no signal for this channel. The other channels (also via Sky) seem unaffected.

Liked
    7 times
    why dont you contact Sky?maybe they no longer transmit to foreign countries ie north of the border!Seriously though if there are any films you desperately wanted to see please let me know and i will see if i recorded them.

Liked
    1 times
    Have you tried rebooting your Sky box?

Junior Member Country: Ireland
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    Well, two days on and I still have no signal for this channel. The other channels (also via Sky) seem unaffected.
    Hi I have the same problem via a freesat box, when the frequency changed it went - the EGP on non-Freesat channel shows the channel name but with "No Information" rather than now and next info. I was wondering if it might have been a box-specific issue but clearly not.

Liked
    0 times
    Are these the same ones I've been watching on the BBC and BBC iPlayer? last I saw was of Joan Fontaine.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast