Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Sole Survivor. Showing at local wet fish shops everywhere

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    I know this tv movie is American but I thought I'd put a link up for it's first dvd/ blu ray release because over the years I think it's been in the 'can you name this film' thread more than any other.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Sole-S...lu-ray/126135/

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    4 times
    An interesting thread from yet another forum about this subject, if you've got a spare few hours. There's more to this than meets the eye:

http://www.theguardian.com/notesandq...-20660,00.html

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    It is just Sole Survivor misremembered. If there was actually another movie with a similar story, why can't anybody ID it? A lot of the details people bring up like playing baseball is in Sole Survivor.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    4 times
    Yes, the baseball is- but the airmen only realising they're dead at the end and crying for help as they get ignored IS NOT in Sole Survivor. They know it more or less from the start in that. I should know, I have a copy and have seen it enough times.

The film most people seem to be looking for is the one my Mum saw in the early 80s, where, as it ended, she exclaimed "Oh, god, they were dead all along then" It was a twist, not a detail known throughout.

Admittedly, I do think there's something in the possibility (mentioned in the thread in that link) that two different versions of the film might have been shot- but that STILL doesn't explain the black and white bit.

Nevertheless, if it's easier to believe that dozens of people who've never met each other have all shared some form of group hallucination, then sure, go ahead and believe that. I'm sure there's a far more logical answer out there somewhere, it's just been obfuscated by years of confusion and bullshit. After all, it's not the only unidentified film I can think of, there are quite a few out there.

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    It's the only well known unidentified film I am aware of that closely resembles an existing film. That makes it unlikely to exist. The revelation "they were dead all along" shows up as a twist in many stories.

As for black and white, a lot of people saw color films in the early and mid seventies on black and white sets.

Senior Member Country: Ireland
    Liked
    0 times
    There's a thread about this. On Digital Spy. It mentions one of the actors looked like Gordon Jackson, but wasn't. Now, do any other actors come to mind?
    Plus apparently this film was was shown pre-68.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12