Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: witchcraft film

Senior Member Country: UK rose ellen's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    I am trying to find the title of a film I saw on t.v in the early 1990's. I think that it was made in the 1970's. It was about witchcraft and had such inane lines as "down from the fiery depths of hell" and "are you in league with Satan" A woman was wearing an ankh pendant which I think her aunt who was a witch had left her. It was either rubbish or so bad it was good( probably the former) but I would be curious to watch it again and decide what I think of it now

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I dunno, but I key worded witchcraft in horror movies and came up with a list of 26 movies from the seventies. There are some possibilities there, but none standout as a sure thing.

I didn't include TV movies. The standout one among TV movies from that period is Crowhaven farm, but it doesn't sound like that one.

http://www.imdb.com/search/title?gen...e_type=feature

Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for looking Will but I tried the search first and it wasn't there

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    23 times
    Rose, i've looked at The Witches (Dir. Cyril Rankel, 1966). My attraction to Joan Fontaine disregarded. Excerpts on Youtube but not discovered the Anka pendant,as I thought I might. The lead player does return from Africa with a voodoo subconscious. (My return visits from Africa as a community exchange worker has a local beer subconscious!)

Unfortunately the early 1970's by then had a surfeit of Africa themed devilry so with just this item its going to be hard work maybe.

Liked
    0 times
    Satan's School for Girls?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    The Ghost of Thomas Kemp?

Invitation To Hell?

Child of Glass
    Last edited by barrule; 13-08-15 at 10:55 PM.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rose ellen View Post
    A woman was wearing an ankh pendant which I think her aunt who was a witch had left her.

I assume she was possessed by an evil spirit when she put it on? This happens to the young girls in The Night Child (1975) and Baffled, a 1973 TV movie I watched not long ago (a Network Sale purchase), but they wear medallions not an ankh. Still worth viewing:

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Try looking through William Castle's collection of films, your description of "either rubbish or so bad it was good" in your first post could certainly apply to some of his efforts.

Liked
    4 times
    The Witching? The Brotherhood Of Satan? Black Noon? The Devil's Rain? Bay Cove, aka Bay Coven? Deadly Blessing?

All have more or less the same plot. Interestingly, none are British, though two of them feature British actors and one was directed by a Brit...

Liked
    1 times
    Thank you all for your help but it isn't any of these

It could have been an American film and may have been more about Satanists than witches although I seem to remember the lead characters aunt being a witch who died and left her house to her

The thing I remember most was thinking Death Metal bands had probably got most of their lyrics from this film also someone asking the woman if she was a Satanist when he saw her wearing the ankh and she said it was just something her aunt had left her

Senior Member Country: UK agutterfan's Avatar
    Liked
    57 times
    Could it be Satan's Slave (aka Evil Heritage)? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075164/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_6

Liked
    1 times
    I have seen Satan's Slave recently and it isn't that.

Liked
    4 times
    Crowhaven Farm? That starts with a woman being left a house in an inheritance and moving from her New York residence to a small occult village. As does the more famous Dark Secret Of Harvest Home, with Bette Davis.

Liked
    7 times
    Virgin Witch?

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Devils of Darkness ?

Liked
    1 times
    I have Dark Secret of Harvest Home and Devils of Darkness so I know it isn't them and it isn't Virgin Witch but might be Crowhaven Farm I will give that one a go

Liked
    0 times
    It's not Crowhaven Farm - as I've seen that - think there's a made for a TV movie from the same period called Curse of the Cat ?

Liked
    0 times
    Here's some made for TV film titles that it may be - Black Noon (1971), The Cat Creature (1973), The Devil And Miss Sarah (1971), The Devil's Daughter (1972), Fear No Evil (1969), Ritual Of Evil (1970) Something Evil (1970). The only one of these I have actually seen is The Cat Creature, but I don't think your film is that.

Senior Member Country: UK agutterfan's Avatar
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by snorky View Post
    Here's some made for TV film titles that it may be - Black Noon (1971), The Cat Creature (1973), The Devil And Miss Sarah (1971), The Devil's Daughter (1972), Fear No Evil (1969), Ritual Of Evil (1970) Something Evil (1970). The only one of these I have actually seen is The Cat Creature, but I don't think your film is that.
    I've seen Something Evil, damn fine scary film but not I think the one rose ellen is looking for. It's about a young couple who buy a farmhouse only for the wife to think it's possessed - contains a memorable scene where she can hear a baby crying in the barn, when she investigates there are bottles of illuminated colour liquids and the crying seems to come from the old stove!

Liked
    0 times
    I mentioned earlier it wasn't Crowhaven Farm, which is probably a far better movie that the one Rose Ellen is looking for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast