Liked
    0 times
    This was I think a made for tv production . . . something like Tales of the Unexpected or a Theatre625 episode. It may have run for an hour. I think Hywel Bennett was in it but can't be sure. Probably made in the 70's and was in colour. I remember that the main protagonist wore glasses and may have liked pottering about in the shed in his back garden. He was a bit of a geek. Anyway, this story had a nice twist at the end. I recall something about a bullet ricocheting off something and killing someone. This wasn't meant to happen and the police were called and the geek was arrested. I don't think the murder was intentional.
    Last edited by zulu; 13-03-16 at 02:10 AM.

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    Almost certainly not, but could it be the Mystery mini-series "Malice Aforethought" (1979) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0162096/. He was Hywel Bennet, he was a bit geeky and he did potter a bit ...?

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, Rowdon. I don't think it was that because a bullet was the issue and not poison. I'm also not sure if Hywel Bennett was in it but I have his name in my head for some reason.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Captain Oates's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    If it WAS Hywel Bennett, then it could be Tickets For The Titanic: Checkpoint Chiswick (C4, 1987). Bennett played a lonely, paranoid character who turned his garden into a fortress, and ended up spending all hours in his shed watching a CCTV system to catch any would-be (imaginary) intruders. I can't remember the bullet incident but it sounds in keeping with the drama.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    4 times
    Now that's one I've never heard of. Being a huge fan of 'The Benn', particularly his more macabre work, I'd definitely like to see it...

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    And Malice Afforethought did have a wonderful twist at the end: "the drains?"

Senior Member Country: UK agutterfan's Avatar
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Gurney View Post
    Now that's one I've never heard of. Being a huge fan of 'The Benn', particularly his more macabre work, I'd definitely like to see it...
    Check this thread looking for a video-dvd

Liked
    0 times
    1987 was too late . . . it was shown much earlier in the late 70's I'd say. Try to focus on the bullet and not Bennett because it may not have been the latter.