Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    its me rollthedice from flickr....hope you can see this screen grab.....from the bill 1989....looks like w11...but im at a loss for once...thank you
    Attached Images

Senior Member Country: England cassidy's Avatar
    Liked
    94 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollthedice View Post
    its me rollthedice from flickr....hope you can see this screen grab.....from the bill 1989....looks like w11...but im at a loss for once...thank you
    Not a clue where that one is but I wish we had more of them in today's streets !!

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rollthedice View Post
    Why do you think that it's W11? Most of The Bill was filmed near their studios in Merton (SW19) with occasional trips out to places like the London Docks

Steve

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    23 times
    There's (part of) a street name on the said edifice partly obscured by the tree. Looks like Watling Street, but the historical route planner (The A5) doesn't appear to start until you get to Elstree and that's motorway style apparently.

There's another Watling Street (EC4) but that's not wide enough to swing a cat in.

But wait! There's one of our historic monument bamboozlers there-a drinking fountain? Remember the trouble we're (still) having to locate the one in Arabesque!

Senior Member Country: England Alan F's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Not Watling Street, but King Street. King Street, Hammersmith (W6)

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    23 times
    Absolutely fabulous Alan F. Did you discover it from a drinking fountain source (mixed metaphor there) or a guide to The Best Bogs in Britain?

Dunno who this expert is at posting number 3, discounting a W. postcode out of hand almost. Needs to get out more, thats what I say

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick C View Post
    Dunno who this expert is at posting number 3, discounting a W. postcode out of hand almost. Needs to get out more, thats what I say
    Expert? Discounting? All I did was to ask the OP why they thought it was W11 when most of The Bill was filmed in Merton

Steve

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    hi..the early bill episodes were filmed in east london..then when they moved over to north kensington much of the filming was around ladbroke grove,paddington etc...some of that episode was around portobello and the plate looks like kensington and chelsea...funnily enough my brother said maybe king street but i ruled it out as the footage doesnt fit in with the king street i know....many thanks for finding this location.....well done....the bill began in merton in 1990...cheers