Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    i don't know when I acquired this 8x10. The cellophane packet says "Tom Helmore", and the same is written on the back of the photo itself ... but it's not him is it?

unknown actor.jpg

My guess is that someone wrote on the back of the photo because of the name on the pack, and that was from a different photo ... Or am I mad?

Senior Member Country: Australia wadsy's Avatar
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdon View Post
    i don't know when I acquired this 8x10. The cellophane packet says "Tom Helmore", and the same is written on the back of the photo itself ... but it's not him is it?

unknown actor.jpg

My guess is that someone wrote on the back of the photo because of the name on the pack, and that was from a different photo ... Or am I mad?
    I reckon that is a young Tom Helmore. I was going to post a photo from google images but I keep getting an invalid file message!

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Doesn't look like him to me.

Senior Member Country: Spain Rowdon's Avatar
    Liked
    143 times
    I was so convinced it wasn't him that I didn't really entertain the notion of it possibly just being a very young portrait ... Since Wadsy's post I've gone deeper into Google and still can't really find a likeness. This portrait from much later shows a similar face, but the nose, the chin, that lower lip ... Is it just time's passing? I still can't see Helmore in the original picture ...

Tom.png

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdon View Post

unknown actor.jpg

He looks more like Douglass Montgomery to me.

Senior Member Country: United States will.15's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Could be maybe from that picture.