Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    This is a long shot, but I have seen some stunning recognition skills in this forum.

Female Gestapo guards drag some women across the courtyard to be shot.

Filmed on location in Chelsea Barracks, off the Kings Road. Some time between 1950 - 1965. English cast. Can't be sure if it was for cinema or TV, but almost definitely low budget and black & white.

My interest? It is one of the things my mother remembers filming, but has only given me the clues above. She recalls doing occasional days for Gainsborough Studios and has other credited work at Teddington for ABC television. On this occasion she wore the costume of the guard.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Could it be Carve her name with pride

Liked
    0 times
    That sounds like a great movie, certainly a worthy story, but unfortunately that also makes it an unlikely option. We would probably remember it if it was a famous one like that. Also, while IMDb has several locations listed for the movie, but Chelsea Barracks is not mentioned.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by orpheum2 View Post
    Could it be Carve her name with pride
    In Carve Her Name With Pride they weren't dragged across the courtyard by female Gestapo guards. They were led to the ramp by male guards, the agents walked down the ramp themselves. The judgement was read out and then they were shot

Steve

Liked
    7 times
    True but I am partially correct.I have just looked at the end.A female guard comes into the hut and tells them not to go to work as they are wanted.then we go to the next scene you describe.

Liked
    0 times
    Ooh, now I'm curious. Any chance of a description of the guard? Does she look anything like this;

Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneAgeMan View Post
    Ooh, now I'm curious. Any chance of a description of the guard? Does she look anything like this;
    No, she's big, butch & tough

Steve

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Liselotte Goettinger played a Camp Warden in 'Carve her name with pride', in real life she was married to Eric Pohlmann.......

Liked
    0 times
    Thank you. That rules out this movie, but now I'm looking forward to watching it one day..

Liked
    418 times
    Thank you. That rules out this movie, but now I'm looking forward to watching it one day..
    You should, everyone should. Carve Her Name With Pride is a great film based quite accurately (as accurate as any bio-pic ever is) on the true story of a very brave woman

Steve

Senior Member Country: UK Nick Cooper's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    The Other Man (Granada/ITV 07/09/64)?

Liked
    0 times
    Now THAT sounds interesting too!

Liked
    23 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook View Post
    You should, everyone should. Carve Her Name With Pride is a great film based quite accurately (as accurate as any bio-pic ever is) on the true story of a very brave woman

Steve
    Not 'arf Steve. Carve Her Name with Pride is essential viewing for everyone, particularly those who need to be guided into learning about the tragedy of war. Its also a masterclass in acting not only from Virginia McKenna but the whole team. My late mother was a witness to the tipping out of displaced people into the world in Europe immediately after the Second world War and always held this film in high esteem.

Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick C View Post
    Not 'arf Steve. Carve Her Name with Pride is essential viewing for everyone, particularly those who need to be guided into learning about the tragedy of war. Its also a masterclass in acting not only from Virginia McKenna but the whole team. My late mother was a witness to the tipping out of displaced people into the world in Europe immediately after the Second world War and always held this film in high esteem.
    I've got to know Violette's daughter Tania. I took her to the opening of the Violette Szabo museum in Wormelow, Hertfordshire where I met Virginia McKenna, Leo Marks (the coding expert) and many other interesting people.

I also went to the unveiling of the Violette Szabo mural in Stockwell with Tania & Virginia where we met Henry Cooper (of all people)

Steve

Liked
    7 times
    I think that the best moment in the film is when Jack Warner discovers the wings and the camera moves away from that discovery to the children playing in the street.

Liked
    0 times
    Further details just in; there were three women (possibly prostitutes) being dragged to be shot, which was filmed in a courtyard at Chelsea barracks.

My mother does not think that any of the women were leading actresses of the time. She now thinks it might have been the same job that saw her going up to Manchester for some scenes in the studio (which would match up with the Granada production mentioned above).

She can remember getting changed into the uniform like it was this morning, but can't work out which decade it was made. I'll try and get some more clues if I can.

Liked
    7 times
    Why doesn't she ask her agent?

Senior Member Country: Great Britain Mark O's Avatar
    Liked
    202 times
    Further details just in; there were three women (possibly prostitutes) being dragged to be shot, which was filmed in a courtyard at Chelsea barracks.

My mother does not think that any of the women were leading actresses of the time. She now thinks it might have been the same job that saw her going up to Manchester for some scenes in the studio (which would match up with the Granada production mentioned above).

She can remember getting changed into the uniform like it was this morning, but can't work out which decade it was made. I'll try and get some more clues if I can.
    My I ask what your mothers professional name is please
    Stoneageman ?

Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by orpheum2 View Post
    I think that the best moment in the film is when Jack Warner discovers the wings and the camera moves away from that discovery to the children playing in the street.
    I'll second that. That scene always brings a lump to the throat and a tear to the eye

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Her professional name was Pamela Plant (although she married Larry Noble in 1948), she is the daughter of Jimmy Plant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast