Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    I was watching The Magic Christian the other day, a film I've always liked despite it being a jumbled mess. I realised it may be the film that features most of the core group of regulars, who turn up on these forums, all in the same film. John Wilder, Jim Brady, Victor Harrington, Pauline Chamberlain, Cy Town, Lewis Alexander, Peter Evans, Lola Morice, Jack Armstrong, John Tatum, Juba Kennerly, Mabel Etherington, Jack Arrow, Maxwell Craig, Arthur Goodman, George Spence,Harold Coyne, Pat Hagan, Paul Beradi, Bunny Seaman and Ian Selby amongst others I'm sure. Any other films feature more of our regular extras than this?

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    I identified quite a lot in The Roman Spring of Mrs Stone including
    Philip Webb, Harold Sanderson, Manny Michael, John Tatum, Billy John, Jack Armstrong, Sheila Aza, Dan Cressy, Tommy Winward, Jack Hetherington, Len Llewellyn, John More, Mabel Etherington, Ray Everson, Pat Halpin, Aidan Harrington, Vidhya Sinanan, Jack 'Kid' Berg, Gerald Paris, Pearl Walters, Paul Berardi, Jack Dearlove, Edward Fowles, Harold Coyne, Robert Gregory, Bob E Raymond, Martin Lyder, Robert Vossler, John Smart, Peter Avella, S.S. Chowdhary, George Holcroft, Juba Kennerly, Pat Ryan, Fred Stroud, Paddy Smith, Emil Stemmler, Neil Osborne, Joe Wadham, Guy Standeven, Marcel De Villiers, Rex Garner and Anthony Lang.
    I am sure Gerald has a few films with as many or more in his files.
    Scott Palmer's book The Films of Alistair Maclean lists nearly a 100 names of extras that appear in The Guns of Navarone and i think Gerald has added one or two more since.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Operation Crossbow, I Could Go On Singing and A Countess From Hong Kong all come to mind.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Screencap72 View Post
    Operation Crossbow, I Could Go On Singing and A Countess From Hong Kong all come to mind.
    The Assistant Director normally is responsible for the casting of the extras, we usually cast people we can rely on.
    Therefore as I was the AD on both Operation Crossbow and The Magic Christian that's probably why the same people showed up on both films

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Aged AD View Post
    The Assistant Director normally is responsible for the casting of the extras, we usually cast people we can rely on.
    Therefore as I was the AD on both Operation Crossbow and The Magic Christian that's probably why the same people showed up on both films
    I know if it was one of your credits I need to keep my eyes peeled for sure!

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    Happy birthday, Stonefan.

Not a film but the Moody and Pegg episode She: The Belle of the Ball (1974) is worth mentioning. I recognised a lot more faces when I watched it again recently;

Roy Lansford and Bob Raymond appear in a brief canteen scene, where the cashier is Maureen Nelson. Later, Sid (Tony Selby) and Daphne (Judy Cornwell) are introduced to credited 'Ambassador' Terence Conoley. Pamela Wardel is suprisingly prominent as his wife, while John Tatum's companion is Unknown Female 26. Richard Atherton is also in the line-up.

John Scott Martin's best shots are when he's shown on Moody and Pegg's TV, in a Come Dancing-style show presented by Gillian Cobbold. He's later seen in the background, along with Ronald Markham I think, watching a number of couples dancing in the ballroom. They include Alex and Aileen Lewis, Lorna Kilner and George Holdcroft, and Lola Morice and (possibly) Bill Gossling. Cy Town, Terry Sartain and Walter Goodman also have partners. The latter with Unknown Female 26 again. Curiously, as John Tatum was himself a dancer.

A lot of editing to do before I post the best images.

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Thanks, I had a smashing birthday.