Liked
    0 times
    Holy MOses, I've been searching all over for this soundtrack or atleast the track recordings, anyone have any info or track listings? I loved the music from this film!

Faye

Liked
    0 times
    I am sure this has been asked many times over many forums, but to no avail...but does anyone know where I can download Frances Ashaman - "Pandora" from????? This tune was played when Kathy and her nan danced together.

Shame that no soundtrack was released.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    (spaced @ Jan 4 2006, 04:19 PM)

I am sure this has been asked many times over many forums, but to no avail...but does anyone know where I can download Frances Ashaman - "Pandora" from????? This tune was played when Kathy and her nan danced together.

Shame that no soundtrack was released.
    The name you should look for is Frances Ashman (not Ashaman).

Apparently she was a waitress that Clapton met at a nightclub who he quite liked.

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    (Steve Crook @ Jan 4 2006, 05:46 PM)

The name you should look for is Frances Ashman (not Ashaman).

Apparently she was a waitress that Clapton met at a nightclub who he quite liked.

Steve
    Hi Steve

I know it's Ashman...it was a spelling mistake. Very difficult to find thi song. Dont know anyone that can find it.

Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone know where I can find the Frances Ashman track "Peculiar Grooves" from the film "Nil By Mouth" 1998. I have managed to track down the other track "Pandora" from a posting on this site but I am really struggling with this one.

Liked
    0 times
    (Robin @ May 23 2006, 08:43 AM)

Does anyone know where I can find the Frances Ashman track "Peculiar Grooves" from the film "Nil By Mouth" 1998. I have managed to track down the other track "Pandora" from a posting on this site but I am really struggling with this one.
    A quick Google reveals you're not the only one looking for this, according to threads here, here and here.

To quote one:

The one song, "Peculiar Groove" was released on a compilation CD - "Doin' Tha Foot" put out by Copasetic (which is no longer in operation) and was produced by Martin "Madhatter". It lists her simply as Frances.

Liked
    0 times
    I am one of the collaborating Producers on the Track Peculiar Groove.

I wasn't aware there was so much interest in this song.

Francis left the UK many year ago to live in Jamaica as she was disheartened by the music industry here in the UK - I guess you can only struggle for so long!!!??

If enough people are interesting in this track Perhaps we'll re-release it.

Please Email your interest to me and I'll speak with my writing partner Martin to see what we can do.

Cheers

Kerrie Lee (K Man a.k.a. The Beat Genius)

www.myspace.com/copasetickman

Liked
    0 times
    I have posted on many forums with regards to Perculiar Groove.

I am quite upset and distressed as one of the producers and writers of the track to find it exchanging hands and other people who had no input in the recording selling it on eBay. We released it on a LP sampler called Doin' the Foot for Rhythm'N'Business Records over 12 years ago.

The LP/CD's pre-sold over 5000 units which were fulfilled but sadly the distribution company went bankrupt and we lost our product and our money. Most of the units were shipped out and imported to Territories like Japan, Canada and France. We Pressed 1500 LP's and 4000 CD's. To our knowledge only a handful remained in the UK hence it's rarity.

If you're lucky enough to your hands on a copy you'd be very fortunate indeed.

We are considering pulling out the production masters and burning some copies to CD to meet the small but interested demand on this track.

We will complie a list of interested folk and if the demand justifies the work involved we will then endeavour to burn copies and make them available.

Senior Member Country: England duffy moon's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Was that featured on the 'Doin Tha Foot' compilation? I tried for ages to hunt down a copy of the Frances Ashman track 'Pandora' but to no avail, I may have to end up trying to rip that from the dvd, if I can get my noodle round it.

Didn't Clapton do the guitar work? It's a good 10 yrs or so since I've seen it. Bleek as hell as I recall.

Senior Member Country: Europe
    Liked
    0 times
    It is a bleak film but IMHO a right stunner. The soundtrack is excellent and I've been looking for it for years.

The last post from K Man was August 2007 so doubt he'll see this now. A real cheap option is to get the tracks onto the web for paid download using paypal.

Liked
    0 times
    Oh wow, I didn't even notice the previous page of discussion where much of what I mention has already been said, or how old the previous post was, and I spelt bleak incorrectly, what a banana I am, see..that's what you get when you jump straight in without looking first!

Liked
    0 times
    If anyone is still interested in getting a hold of these two tracks let me know, I may have found what you are looking for!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I have 'Pandora' on CD. When the film first came out on VHS for a limited period the CD came with it as a freebie, it contains 2 versions of 'Pandora', the radio edit and full length film version.

Junior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FbG-HLx79A here is the tune on Youtube. Then convert it to mp3 with YouTube to MP3 Converter - Video2mp3 - Converter

sorry Kman