Rennie
    Can anyone supply me with any information on Premier Studios, London,known to be in existance in the mid thirties.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    4 times
    Rennie - I have a fascinating book on the subject "British Film Studios - an illustrated history" by Patricia Warren (published by Batsford). Sadly there is no mention of any Premier Film studios in the index. Have you any more information, like where in London?

rgds

Rob Compton

Rennie
    Since my posting I have discovered that Premier Productions was set up by Maurice Ostrer after he left Gainsborough Studios. It would seem that the only film it produced was 'Idol Of Paris' which was so badly received that it probably sealed its own fate. Premier's address was Princes Gate, London.

Liked
    0 times
    premier studios try this web site www.ostrer.co.uk it is part of the Ostrer family history and written by Maurice Ostrer's son Nigel you can mail him and ask the question.

Rennie
    </div><div class='quotemain'>Richard Price:

premier studios try this web site www.ostrer.co.uk it is part of the Ostrer family history and written by Maurice Ostrer's son Nigel you can mail him and ask the question. [/b]
    Thank you Richard. Great news. Have replied to you privately.

Liked
    151 times
    An extract from a book I was reading. After the collapse of Gainsborough:

"Minney and the Ostrers set out to prove their point, floating an independent production company, Premier Productions, and recruiting Leslie Arliss to make Idol of Parts (1948) to the Gainsborough formula of bodice-ripping flamboyance. It was produced for less than £100,000 and featured a whip fight between its two female leads. But Christine Norden and Beryl Baxter had none of the talent and charisma of Lockwood and Calvert, and the film failed to make enough to keep the company afloat."