Liked
    0 times
    I've been trying for months now to remember the title of a TV movie I saw many years ago, on Channel Four - can anyone remind me what it was called?

It was set in the late 80s/very early 90s in Britain. It started with a businessman losing his job, and to avoid letting his family down, he started robbing banks (as you do). He lived in a big detached villa, and every morning, left for "work", before knocking off a bank and coming back in the evening as normal. I can't remember who played the lead roles, although it was a cast of minor actors rather than a star vehicle (for some reason Anna Friel keeps coming to mind, but it might not have anything to do with this movie) and as far as I recall, the film ended with the bank robber being smuggled out of his house in the boot of a car.

I can't really remember any more than that, but please tell me I haven't imagined the whole thing! I'd love to see it again, since there are only about four scenes I have any recollection of. All help appreciated in tracking this one down...

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Beavis,

This may not be what you're after but there was an episode of the TV series TALES OF THE UNEXPECTED titled 'The Moles'(made 1982) that starred Bill Owen as a businessman who turns to robbing banks.

Dave.