Liked
    0 times
    Hello Everyone! This old film was about a new British Commander taking charge of a country maybe Malayisa or the like. Some of the locals Moslems were killing & terrorising the British Army Officers.There was also some type of drug that made these moslem terrorists able to withstand the pain of being shot untill they could attack their victom. I think the flim starts with an attack on the commander that the new commander replaced. The thing about this film that stands out was that the new commander stoped the attacks on the officers by putting a moslem terrorist in a pig's skin. The leader of the terrorists was feared by by all the locals. But by the end of the film he was captured & de-fanged.

The flim was B&W. I last saw it in the late 60's..

Liked
    0 times
    I found some more info that may help ID this film. This film might be about Gen. John J Pershing ( aka General Black Jack Pershing ) who was the Governor of Moro Province, in the Philippines,in the year 1909.

For the full story check out this link http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/pershing.html

Liked
    1 times
    I don't know the name of this movie, but I can add something to the background. When I was in the Army, we were told that our sidearm, the Model 1911 Colt .45 was developed in response to the the experience of the Army garrison in the Phillipines. The extremists you mentioned are the Moros - a religious cult which would get high on drugs before attacking. The sidearm of the time - a .38 caliber - was not stopping them, so the Army needed something powerful enough to knock them down. If this movie was in fact about the Moros, then it would probably been based upon US, not British experience.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    The only mainstream film I know about Moro terrorists is THE REAL GLORY (Henry Hathaway, 1939)with Gary Cooper and David Niven. Could this be the one ?

Junior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    0 times
    Possibly, Windom's Way (1957) with Peter Finch - some elements match (it it a regular on Australian late night TV)

Time-Out says "Colonial drama in which a caring medic, Alec Windom (Finch), is sent to Malaya where he intervenes in local affairs and encourages the villagers to resist the Communist takeover of the newly independent territory. Decent performances and a genuine sense of concern throughout; "

Senior Member Country: England woody123's Avatar
    Liked
    11 times
    I side with Hugo-it's The Real Glory