Liked
    0 times
    Hi, does anyone know what the following kids film is called: It was set in a forest/ wood and had a signpost that could talk (I think). The signpost kept moving round a lot so the signs were all pointing the wrong way and a little girl got more lost in the wood. Sandwiches grew on trees and the girl was hungry and picked some sandwiches but was told that they were not ripe yet. Honestly this was a film I used to watch quite a lot when I was young. I think it was made in the 80s. It had a kind of wizard of oz feel to it and it's been bugging me a lot that I can't remember what it was called.

Liked
    0 times
    Talking signposts sounds a bit like a Sid and Marty Krofft prodution. They made "H.R.PUFNSTUF" for t.v. in 1969 that led to a film "PUFNSTUF" 1970. I'v never seen the film but loved the t.v. series with Jack Wilde.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for this Hackett. I will check it out.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, HR Pufnstuf - was a fun kids story. Jack Wilde was child actor of time (Artful Dodger in "Oliver").

Gibbie

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    4 times
    It wasn't anything to do with the animated version of Harry Nilsson's wonderful kids' concept album THE POINT, was it? About young Oblio, who doesn't have a point on his head, and his dog Arrow, and their exile from the land of Point to the Pointless forest? The only problem was I don't remember a girl in that.

HR PUFNSTUF sounded like it could be the culprit, but I also thought of another Sid and Marty Krofft kids' show from the time- LIDSVILLE. Very trippy.

Liked
    0 times
    It wasnt Journey back to Oz was it with Liza Minelli? there was definetley talking Signposts in that and i think Sandwiches growing on Trees.

Liked
    0 times
    I am wondering if your movie might be "Return to Oz". It sounds about right if it was made in the 80's. Other imiages that might ring a bell is a walking talking pumpkin head creature named Jack and a flying creature that was made of a moose head and a couch. Also the girl would have had a talking chicken with her... It has the girl from "The Craft" in it but I would butcher the spelling of her name so I wont even try.