Liked
    0 times
    I saw this film when I was about nine or ten - so the mid-Fifties. And it may only be my age that made it seem like a horror film.

I remember the start well. A mixed group of travellers are on a train - going into France on their holidays. The train stops unexpectedly - the carriage is uncoupled by an unknown - and it is then coasted into a siding.

The travellers find themselves in a remote French village/town. There is an uppity English schoolboy (sort of 4th year grammar school) played by a guy in his twenties. And I remember a woman screaming from an upstairs window with open shutters.

Does this ring any bells? I've been trying to name this movie - basically ever since.

Liked
    0 times
    Sounds suspiciously like 'Mystery Junction' (51) but I don't recall any

French locations, I'm afraid!

Originally posted by DaveB@Jun 26 2004, 02:57 PM

I saw this film when I was about nine or ten - so the mid-Fifties. And it may only be my age that made it seem like a horror film.

I remember the start well. A mixed group of travellers are on a train - going into France on their holidays. The train stops unexpectedly - the carriage is uncoupled by an unknown - and it is then coasted into a siding.

The travellers find themselves in a remote French village/town. There is an uppity English schoolboy (sort of 4th year grammar school) played by a guy in his twenties. And I remember a woman screaming from an upstairs window with open shutters.

Does this ring any bells? I've been trying to name this movie - basically ever since.