Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    I was recently looking at a website which discusses buses in films and found an entry assigned to 'The Clouded Yellow' (1951). The following is a partial quote:

"...He boards a London RT to get him to Morden, and we see him boarding a pre-1923 stock tube train to get him to King's Cross...He then boards the Flying Scotsman (or other express) of which we see aerial shots on its journey to Newcastle. Here he catches an electric train to a suburban station from which he catches a BUT trolleybus."

This is not the storyline of the 'The Clouded Yellow', although there are some vague similarities, and I wonder if anyone could identify the film described in the quote?

Thank you,

Christopher Matheson

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    </div><div class='quotemain'>Christopher Matheson:

I was recently looking at a website which discusses buses in films and found an entry assigned to 'The Clouded Yellow' (1951). The following is a partial quote:

"...He boards a London RT to get him to Morden, and we see him boarding a pre-1923 stock tube train to get him to King's Cross...He then boards the Flying Scotsman (or other express) of which we see aerial shots on its journey to Newcastle. Here he catches an electric train to a suburban station from which he catches a BUT trolleybus."

This is not the storyline of the 'The Clouded Yellow', although there are some vague similarities, and I wonder if anyone could identify the film described in the quote?

Thank you,

Christopher Matheson [/b]
    I don't know what it is but I'd like to see it as I often take the tube into London from Morden :)

The line only got out to Morden in 1926. I don't know when they would have stopped using pre-1923 stock, or how I would recognise one.

Steve