Thread: Bodyline

Liked
    0 times
    Hey does anyone know if you can get this old tv film on video to buy??

Senior Member Country: UK aphra's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    katkins:

Hey does anyone know if you can get this old tv film on video to buy??
    The Australian mini-series BODYLINE, which lasts for over seven hours, has never been available commercially since it was made in 1984. I have a good set of recordings from the Australian telecast of it.

Liked
    0 times
    hiya,

if it's of any help the dvd of the Bodyline tv series is now available in Australia for about £18 before p&p from www.hmv.com.au they normally take about 10 days to deliver.

Hope this is of some help.

good luck

luey

Liked
    0 times
    I can guarantee you the Aphra's version would be the one to go for.

The recent DVD release has inexplicably released in a 1.75:1 ratio, rather then the correct, full screen aspect it was originally screened with.

Secondly, the DVD edition is almost unwatchable at times, soft and grainy as if projected through a stocking.

Thirdly, the DVD version is actually CUT. A few short scenes are missing, mostly those that give backgrounds to the various players' lives.

In short, AVOID it like a Larwood bouncer.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, Catflap! When I heard that BODYLINE was going to be issued at last on DVD I immediately sent off to Australia for a copy. I was astounded to see that it only ran for 330 minutes, and not the 7 hours plus that my recording does. As you say, the quality is not great, either. Mine looks its quarter century, but at least it is all there.

Senior Member Country: Europe
    Liked
    36 times
    (aphra @ Oct 29 2005, 11:38 AM)

Thanks, Catflap! When I heard that BODYLINE was going to be issued at last on DVD I immediately sent off to Australia for a copy. I was astounded to see that it only ran for 330 minutes, and not the 7 hours plus that my recording does. As you say, the quality is not great, either. Mine looks its quarter century, but at least it is all there.
    Maybe they speeded it up so the bowling looked even more dangerous!

FELL

Liked
    0 times
    I am trying to find a copy of the TV series BODYLINE screened some years ago but as far as i know never repeated. It is the story of the infamous bodyline ashes series in Aus. Can anyone help please.

Liked
    0 times
    Hello all.

I joined here following a lead to try to get a hold of a copy of "Bodyline".

A TV drama shown in the early 80's about the infamous cricket series.

I'm not a cricket fan, but remember loving this series and would like to obtain a video/dvd of the series for a friend who is too young to remember it. Can any one help?

Thanks Jonny G

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    If you have a multi-region DVD player; Bodyline (Mini Series) DVD : DeVoteD DVD - Australia

Liked
    0 times
    name='Jon Gordon']Hello all.

I'm not a cricket fan, but remember loving this series and would like to obtain a video/dvd of the series for a friend who is too young to remember it. Can any one help?

Thanks Jonny G
    Welcome Jonny G. This is a good site and no doubt there will be someone who'll come to your rescue!

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    1 times
    The way the English defence of the Ashes has commenced and the way the series already looks dead and buried for England, all I can say is.......bring back Jardine and Larwood.

Dave.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    It's only ONE test down, behave.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Jon Gordon']Hello all.

Thanks Jonny G

As you can see in earlier replies to this thread, the DVD put out in Australia has been shortened. I have got the original series as broadcast in Australia and later in the UK. It runs to over seven hours. Let me know if you want a copy.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='chudofbroady']It's only ONE test down, behave.

They've only lost the first test ... so far

I'm still waiting for that well known phrase "England collapse"

Remember, it's only a game

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks to all who gave advice and assistance.

This IS a friendly site isn't it.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='Jon Gordon']This IS a friendly site isn't it.
    We are known to tease each other a bit. But generally yes, it's very friendly and helpful and they're a great bunch of people.

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    name='aphra']As you can see in earlier replies to this thread, the DVD put out in Australia has been shortened. I have got the original series as broadcast in Australia and later in the UK. It runs to over seven hours. Let me know if you want a copy.

hello,

i am arun from india..i seriously in bad need of that video....i use to watch it when i was in class 8 ....butt i still miss it...can u provide me a copy,,,..thank you

Liked
    0 times
    Looked everywere on the internet for a region 2 copy of vhs copy of this but no-were can i find it...