Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Senior Member Country: Ireland Nimuae's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Compton View Post
    The DVD of "Night to Remember" is going for a bargain �3.99 on HMV.ca: music, dvd and games at the moment, along with some other "Best of British" films

I bought a copy this morning - rummaging in a Poundshop 'bargain bin' I found NTR and Smallest show on earth going for 2 for �1 ! How could I resist ? Going to open a bottle of red later and gave a great nights viewing !

rgds

Rob
    I bought a copy this morning - rummaging in a Poundshop 'bargain bin' I found NTR and Smallest show on earth going for 2 for �1 ! How could I resist ? Going to open a bottle of red later and gave a great nights viewing !

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    It's a clip from Atlantic that they used to (unfairly) show as an example of totally stilted performances in early sound films. The White Star Line forbade the use of the name "Titanic" in this film.

Senior Member Country: England faginsgirl's Avatar
    Liked
    416 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Lovell View Post
    The White Star Line forbade the use of the name "Titanic" in this film.
    The film has an interesting place in the of history of it all then. Thanks for the info.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    I've just received 'A Night To Remember' on DVD for my birthday. It's the ITV Home Entertainment version, with restored main feature and over 1 hour of extras. Some excellent viewing coming up!

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,
    This is my first post here, please be kind

I'm writing about the mention that Sean Connery had a part as an extra in the film. Has anyone managed to determine if this is indeed true or not? I and others have spent hours watching "A Night To Remember" and have not seen him. The screen grab that purportedly shows a bearded Connery as a seaman is actually another actor - Larry Taylor (I informed the BFI of this and they were very appreciative). A friend writes, "I have now heard from Rocky Taylor, who is Larry Taylor's son and, by a remarkable coincidence, another Connery lookalike - he was Sean's stunt double in all his Bond films. He has confirmed that his father was indeed the bearded seaman on the boat deck, but regarding Connery he can say only that "he wasn't in it as far as I know."

I think the reason why even Connery's website lists him in it is because this urban myth was touted as fact and was eventually picked up by Connery and his team after it had appeared on IMDB etc and they believed it. Can he be sure of every film he appeared in as an extra? Besides, at the time, he had started to acquire speaking roles and to appear as an extra would have been a step downwards in his career. There's also the issue of timing as he may have been involved in other films at the time (The scenes is "A Night To Remember" were shot in late 1957).

If anyone has seen Connery, please let me know. But as far as I can see, its just an urban myth. And once implanted in the human mind, they're very difficult to erase

With best wishes

Simon

Liked
    13 times
    Welcome to the site Ronco.

The question about Sean Connery appearing in A Night To Remember has been asked here before. I think the consensus was that he did not actually appear in this film or he has not been found yet. The mistaken identity of the bearded sailor was from IMDb who still claim he was in the film. I recognised the face but could not recall the name so I asked about it here and a member said it was Larry Taylor.

If you would like to see some of the extras involved you could try my website.

http://movie-dude.co.uk

I have more than 250 extras from this film. Maybe you could ID some of them but sadly you will not find Mr Connery in there.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks MovieDudeToo. Its frustrating when you hear an urban legend and you are in a position to verify it (by virtue of the fact that you own the film) and can't find the man anywhere! If he was an extra, he must have been shunted into the background sufficiently to prevent anyone seeing him, but this doesn't jibe with his rising presence in the film industry.
    Your website sounds great, I'll have a look. One person I'd like to identify is the very young Jeremy Bulloch.

Liked
    0 times
    Is No.181 on your list the man who was pulled from the lifeboat? If so, a friend thinks he may be Jonathan Hanson.

Liked
    13 times
    I'ts a long time since I looked at this film but I think your right. He looks like the hysterical man evicted from the lifeboat. Well Spotted.

Also, I think the Jeremy Bulloch sighting may also be in error. Many of us have searched for him in vain. He may be in the film but too far in the background to ID properly or more likely, he is not actually in the film.

Liked
    0 times
    To be fair, it was a friend of mine who recognised him. I'm still amazed that I missed Stratford Johns. I used to love Z Cars.
    My friend has also pointed this out, which I assume you've seen: http://www.aveleyman.com/FilmCredit.aspx?FilmID=13724
    - I note they couldn't find Bulloch either

Liked
    13 times
    You assume correctly. We know each other well. Aveleyman.com is a much bigger site than mine. My site has only been up and running for about 6 weeks. Where we differ is, I try to put as many extra's in as possible. Apart from that we are both really in the same business.

Liked
    0 times
    Thats good to hear. I thought there might be some competition between you.
    I've asked a friend who knows much than me more about the cast of "A Night To Remember" to get in touch with you. I think he may be able to help with some identifications.

Liked
    13 times
    Thanks Ronco. I look forward to hearing from him.

Liked
    0 times
    It might take a while for him to go through yours and the aveleyman list to see if there are any names he's got that you don't. He has come up with an interesting possibility for Jeremy Bulloch.

Liked
    0 times
    My friend Bob has identified No.58 on your list but I think it would be best if he told you it himself. He has your email, and he's comparing his notes with your listing and your friend's.

Liked
    13 times
    OK. Thanks.

Senior Member Country: Scotland Gerald Lovell's Avatar
    Liked
    182 times
    MovieDude:

42 looks like Joe Wadham
    64 is John H. Watson
    76 is Charles Rayford
    and
    142 is Max Faulkner.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Moviedude is no 71 Michael Dempsey ?
    No I.D. but 68, 121 and 187 are your male unknowns 58, 41 and 16.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    The film is set in 1912, yet a passenger on deck in a life jacket clearly has a 1950s (Tommy Steele) style haircut.
    During the final moments, a bunch of people are falling in the water, one of shots was repeated which shows the same person falling twice in the water.

Liked
    13 times
    Thanks guys. Can't say I agree with all the answers but I will correct the ones I do agree with. Keep them coming.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678