Hunted (1952) locations. - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Country: England darrenburnfan's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    And here is where the railings curve to the left, as in the frame captures above. But I'm still not sure about this, as the railings seems to have a sharper curve than the ones on the film. Maybe they've been repositioned since 1951...or maybe this is just not the right place.

Senior Member Country: England harryshand's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    The tunnel shaft is the round structure in the park - I can't quite make out the shape of the brick building DB is stood next to but it could be the same.

Liked
    0 times
    If we could identify that blooming great chimney out on the Thames (which isn;t there now) we'd be home and dry......

PS: I have to tell my friend in Harris Street about the Oxford ST shoots in Penkhull Stoke.

Liked
    98 times
    Many thanks, Harry, I think that must be the place. The railings curve gradually to the left and the building behind DB in the film has the same window frames as the Rotherhithe shaft. The mobile cafe must have been parked directly in front of it and because it's a close view in the film, its round structure can't be seen and it looks like a flat sided building. There is also a park and trees behind it in the film, as there still is today and the houses in the distance must be on the Hwy Road.

Liked
    98 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Gee
    If we could identify that blooming great chimney out on the Thames (which isn;t there now) we'd be home and dry......

PS: I have to tell my friend in Harris Street about the Oxford ST shoots in Penkhull Stoke.
    Yes, Stevie, Harris Street is only a few streets away from Oxford Street. Hunted hasn't been on the television for quite a few years now. I just wonder if the present occupants of number 4, Oxford Street, recognised their own house if they were watching the film last time it was on.

Liked
    0 times
    Anyone know where the Scottish fishing village was?

Liked
    98 times
    It was Portpatrick on the western coast of Scotland.

Liked
    98 times
    I've finally found out (by trial and error) how to lighten dark DVD frame captures on this Windows Vista system. So here again are three of the frames from the Thames riverside scene, only this time much brighter and with more detail.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenburnfan
    I've been checking this location too, using the Google street level photos and I don't think it's either Vauxhall Bridge Road looking towards Victoria or Wilton Road, looking towards Victoria. The road in this photo is too wide to be either of those. Of course, they could since have demolished the buildings on the far side of the road and built new ones closer in, making the road narrower, but I can't say. Certainly, the buildings on the left could be in Wilton Road looking towards Victoria, as they look very similar to those that are there today.

This is definitely Vauxhall Bridge Road - the building to the left is the back of the Victoria Apollo Theatre where "Wicked" is currently playing.

This is it now:

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenburnfan
    The bus in the location below is definitely turning right from Tachbrook Street into Charlwood Street. In the top picture, the buildings on the left of the bus in Tachbrook Street are all gone now and have been replaced by modern buildings. In the bottom picture, the buildings behind the bus in Charlwood Street are still there, according to Google street photos.

Here is the modern view of both these photos.

The now demolished building on the left of the top photo used to be, I believe, the Entrerprise Wine Stores on the corner of Charlwod Street and Tachbrook Street, Pimlico. It is now the modern Pimlico Tram public house.

The bottom photo shows the opposite corner of Charlwood Street and Tachbrook Street - the corner building is now a very good Thai Restaurant. I live just up the road behind the point of view of these photos!

Liked
    98 times
    Many thanks for the extra info and pics, Spine Breaker. What a difference nearly sixty years makes.

Liked
    98 times
    Still trying to identify the location of this block of flats in the film where Dirk Bogarde's character lives. Probably somewhere in Pimlico, but I'm not sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123