Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scrooge (1951)

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycad View Post
    i like the michael hordern version,but ( apart from the fact horderns stature is far from one who eats gruel in order to save money) the BBC were certainly 'scrooge' like with regards to budget! didi-what is this 'woodcut' version you refer to?
    A Christmas Carol (1971)
    The animated version with the voices of Alastair Sim as Scrooge and Michael Hordern as Marley's ghost

Steve

Senior Member Country: England jaycad's Avatar
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Crook View Post
    A Christmas Carol (1971)
    The animated version with the voices of Alastair Sim as Scrooge and Michael Hordern as Marley's ghost

Steve
    i thought it might be this version-the animation is in the cruickshank style and is very good! i'm sure i have it somewhere!

Senior Member Country: UK HammerDave's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Everyone always gets upset about Tiny Tim but nobody already mentions the 8 Cratchitt kids that already died

I love the Sim version, absolutely my favourite, but I have a fondness for the Patrick Stewart/Hallmark version. A lot of the supporting cast are awful, especially the kids, but it reminds me of seeing Stewart's one-man stage version which was incredible.

Haven't seen the Scott version since I was a kid, will have to check it out.

Senior Member Country: England Captain Casper's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    The best Scrooge by far, although I love the Albert Finney one. Always on my iPod.

On the subject of colorisation, it's a matter of personal taste. I don't mind either one.

Junior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    sorry i'm a bit late with this but i agree alistair sim as scrooge is fantastic and should only be viewed in b/w the muppets is also brill and my son bought me this version last year, he is 23 so i thought this extra special.

Junior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    This is perhaps the greatest film ever made, It has all the elements for a wonderful film and all the actors and every scene is beautifully realized, I also love Alastair Sim, I would love to have all of the films with him that are not commercially available, Please let me know if you will help me with any Alastair Sim titles, Thank you.
    Last edited by Nick Dando; 03-08-11 at 08:19 AM.

Senior Member Country: England sidney bliss's Avatar
    Liked
    48 times
    OK - so not that seasonal at the moment - but for the record I watch this every xmas eve night with a bottle of Ale. Magnificent film.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    I just enjoyed A Christmas Carol (Scrooge) again and looked up the actress playing Scrooges' s nephew's wife. Olga Edwardes.

In certain shots she does have a resemblance to Jenny Agutter but obviously it couldn't have been Jenny.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Cheers for Kathleen Harrison, the finest housekeeper/char ever to grace the screen. I am also a great fan of Alastair Sim. But her response to Scrooge's personality metamorphosis is priceless. That is, in keeping with the situ-eye-tion.

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    37 times
    I post on a couple of American forums, and they all swear by the George C Scott version.

Personally, I have never seen the fuss about it, and find the classic Sim version far superior.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234