Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hammer Films

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    What a great site. Mr SmartyPants refilled my coffee and then used his sharp elbows to get me out of the way and read it instead. One of these days, Mister... one of these days...

Liked
    0 times
    As far as I know "The Brides of Dracula" isn't available on dvd. I wonder why. To my mind it's one of the best.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the info on the Zeta Minor site, its great.

I am paricularly interested in finding if available a dvd version of a hammer film starring Rupert Davies as I think a priest who is engaged in a battle with Dracula, set in some Ruritanian village.

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    name='Redstar']Thanks for the info on the Zeta Minor site, its great.

I am paricularly interested in finding if available a dvd version of a hammer film starring Rupert Davies as I think a priest who is engaged in a battle with Dracula, set in some Ruritanian village.

DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE - this is available both in Region 1 and 2

SMUDGE

Member Country: England
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi

I am looking for a couple of hammer films.

The Brigand of Kandahar (1965)

Room to Let (1950)

I am willing to trade or cover costs.

If anyone can please help get in touch.

Regards

Steve..

Liked
    114 times
    I have ROOM TO LET and I'd love a copy of KANDAHAR meself...

SMUDGE

Liked
    1 times
    name='smudge']I have ROOM TO LET and I'd love a copy of KANDAHAR meself...

SMUDGE

Thanks for reply

I have sent you PM

Liked
    0 times
    Try CLASSIC LOST MOVIES HAMMEROLDIES HOMEPAGE I got a good DVD of "THE BRIGAND OF KANDAHAR" 1965 from them a couple of years ago. It looks like a TV copy off of a video tape onto DVD which gives that ghost effect to some of the rich colours. The big shame is it's in full screen. It starts with the Columbia girl and titles in 2.35 Hammerscope then goes to full screen which is why I think its a TV recording.

"THE BRIGAND OF KANDAHAR" originated from Warwick Films "ZARAK" 1959 that stared Victor Mature. Some of John Gilling 2nd unit action sequences were cut from "ZARAK" and Columbia suggested he incorporate the cut scenes into another prodject. So Gilling took his new story to Hammer and they let him direct it. Also of intrest as Oliver Reeds last film for Hammer.

Liked
    1 times
    name='Hackett']Try CLASSIC LOST MOVIES HAMMEROLDIES HOMEPAGE I got a good DVD of "THE BRIGAND OF KANDAHAR" 1965 from them a couple of years ago. It looks like a TV copy off of a video tape onto DVD which gives that ghost effect to some of the rich colours. The big shame is it's in full screen. It starts with the Columbia girl and titles in 2.35 Hammerscope then goes to full screen which is why I think its a TV recording.

"THE BRIGAND OF KANDAHAR" originated from Warwick Films "ZARAK" 1959 that stared Victor Mature. Some of John Gilling 2nd unit action sequences were cut from "ZARAK" and Columbia suggested he incorporate the cut scenes into another prodject. So Gilling took his new story to Hammer and they let him direct it. Also of intrest as Oliver Reeds last film for Hammer.

Thanks

I am aware of that web site, I have tried to mail them but it bounces back.

Regards

Liked
    0 times
    name='shuttleworth']Thanks for reply

I have sent you PM

look out for james healy he on the forum and is a big hammer fan and amicus,if i get his e-mail address i will let it be known,

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    i am looking for the following hammer swashbuckler films on dvd men of sherwood forest (1954), dick turpin highwayman (1956), ************* (1960), ******** ****, the pirates of blood river (1962), the scarlet blade (1963), ********, a challenge for robin hood (1967), and wolfshead the legend of robin hood (1969), i would prefer the films fullscreen rather than widescreen versions.

Liked
    0 times
    ************** videos usually can be found on e-bay if it helps.

a challenge for robin hood and men of sherwood forest are out on DVD in Spain so might be available via Amazon or some other online retailer.

Liked
    114 times
    ************* is available on DVD in the UK and ************* is available as part of a very reasonably priced 8 film boxed set in the US. I have WOLFSHEAD and DICK TURPIN off old TV VHS...

Smudge

Liked
    0 times
    I have

the pirates of blood river (1962)

the scarlet blade (1963)

just PM me for trade

Member Country: Canada
    Liked
    0 times
    I have - The Men Of Sherwood Forest & Wolfshead, PM for a trade.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Wolfshead: The Legend of Robin Hood (1969) must be a contender for one of the worst films ever made. I only watched it because Kathleen Byron was in it. Although she tried hard, it didn't do her any favours

Steve

Senior Member Country: Scotland silverwhistle's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    name='Steve Crook']Wolfshead: The Legend of Robin Hood (1969) must be a contender for one of the worst films ever made. I only watched it because Kathleen Byron was in it. Although she tried hard, it didn't do her any favours.

Haven't seen that one, but some of the Wolfshead books were in the library of one of the Junior High Schools (!) I attended! Very violent and explicit stuff. I was about 12 when I read them, and wasn't impressed.

Kathleen is also in Twins of Evil.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='silverwhistle']Haven't seen that one, but some of the Wolfshead books were in the library of one of the Junior High Schools (!) I attended! Very violent and explicit stuff. I was about 12 when I read them, and wasn't impressed.

Kathleen is also in Twins of Evil.

At least that's more watchable, and not just because of the lovely twins

Steve

Senior Member Country: Scotland silverwhistle's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    name='Steve Crook']At least that's more watchable, and not just because of the lovely twins.

Indeed! It has a good story � the moral ambiguity re: the Puritans (as dangerous in their way as the vampires) � and keeps up the suspense as to whether or not they've got the right girl!

Banned Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    name='DB7']Titles that can legally be purchased online.

Please read the guidelines:

Britmovie - British Film Forums - Announcements in Forum : Looking for a Video/DVD (Film)

Maybe I should have listed them that were not legally be purchased online,I was actually telling others what I had (not against the rules that is it ? ) so still slightly confused here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast