Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS PLEASE WILL TRADE WHATEVER, WANTED - I START COUNTING 1969 - Wynne (Jenny Agutter), an adopted 14 year oldwho lives in a bland Midlands town, has a schoolgirl crush on her foster brother George (Bryan Marshall) . But her life changes when a series of brutal sex murders is committed in the area and she finds one of George's discarded sweaters stained with blood. Teaming up with school friend Corinne (Clare Sutcliffe), she sets out to solve the mystery and becomes increasingly obsessed with George, even following him to a sexual rendezvous with his lover. Stripped of her romantic fantasies about George, she rushes to the family's abandoned former home where the real culprit has taken Corinne...THANK YOU grahamlong,

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    Hi Graham

I have I START COUNTING - one of my fave films. I'll drop you an e-mail from home later (at work now !)

Cheers,

SMUDGE

Senior Member Country: Germany Wolfgang's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times
    I do not suppose you are in possession of "The Snow Goose", no?

Senior Member Country: Europe
    Liked
    36 times
    Just out of interest, anyone have any idea as to when this was last shown on TV?

FELL

Liked
    114 times
    Originally posted by Fellwanderer@Aug 15 2005, 03:56 PM

Just out of interest, anyone have any idea as to when this was last shown on TV?

FELL

Ye Gods !

I'll open the betting at late 80s

SMUDGE

Liked
    36 times
    Looking on eBay, I was intrigued to spot "I Start Counting" up for auction. A couple of questions come to mind, prompted by the eBay fraud thread elsewhere:

1. It claims to be a US pd import but looking at the jewel case insert there is a blatant spelling mistake on the front and one of the pictures of Jenny Agutter on the reverse [right at the bottom] looks more like it was taken from "Sweet William" than "I Start Counting".

2. What is a US public domain film and how come a film released in the UK in 1969 can become public domain in the US so quickly? Related - is there a listing anywhere of films that are pd either here or in the US?

I seem to recall that most releases now seem to have an all-encompassing copyright throughout the world notice which almost makes it a crime to view your own commerically bought copy.

I should add, that I wasn't tempted to bid as I already have a copy.

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/I-Start-Counting-Jen...1QQcmdZViewItem

FELL

Super Moderator Country: Scotland
    Liked
    27 times
    It has never been released officially but there are collectors on here who might be able to supply you a copy.

Fellwanderer may have a copy but I bet he is having a fit of envy if he's read your post

Liked
    36 times
    (auntie @ Feb 9 2006, 11:58 PM)

I was in this film as an extra whilst I was at school. It starred Jenny Agutter and was made at my old school in Slough. I wasn't able to see it then because it was given an 'X' certificate. I have never seen the film and would love to buy a copy. Does anyone know if there is a copy in print anywhere? Thanks for reading. Auntie x
    You have a PM.

FELL [who is envious but has at least now met Jenny]

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    4 times
    My copy came from there too, via Darrell Buxton. Unfortunately some of the chavs in his street must have yanked a cable out as the screen frizzles for about ten seconds iin the middle whilst 'Please Wait' or something like that appears. But other than that my copy's great!!

It's a fantastic film, but they'd never get away with making it now. I'm surprised that I haven't been pillaried in society merely for owning a copy!!

Liked
    114 times
    (auntie @ Feb 9 2006, 11:58 PM)

I was in this film as an extra whilst I was at school. It starred Jenny Agutter and was made at my old school in Slough. I wasn't able to see it then because it was given an 'X' certificate. I have never seen the film and would love to buy a copy. Does anyone know if there is a copy in print anywhere? Thanks for reading. Auntie x
    As an occasional Slough shopper, Auntie, can I ask where your school was, and does it still look like it did in the film ?

Thanks,

SMUDGE

Liked
    36 times
    (smudge @ Feb 11 2006, 05:23 PM)

As an occasional Slough shopper, Auntie, can I ask where your school was, and does it still look like it did in the film ?

Thanks,

SMUDGE

]
    And, once you've seen it, which scene were you in? It's fairly obvious from your comment but confirmation would be nice.

FELL

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    5 times
    Does anyone know where and even if you can get i start counting with jenny agutter, on dvd or video i have tryed for so long to try and get this film and its seems impoosible to get.

Liked
    9 times
    If you give me your address I will send you copy.

Liked
    36 times
    name='Carmel']Does anyone know where and even if you can get i start counting with jenny agutter, on dvd or video i have tryed for so long to try and get this film and its seems impoosible to get.

Wolfgang has beaten me to it on responding to your quest.

It certainly is a cracking, good performance by Jenny.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi, im a newbie on here and like what im seeing so far

Iam currently looking for a copy of I START COUNTING, does anyone have a copy they can send me? If anyone does I will be most greatful.

Liked
    9 times
    I can do one for you. Give me your address.

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    This is another incredible film that has been ignored for tape or DVD production. I guess colorization takes too much of their valuable time. Grrr.

Liked
    36 times
    name='ChristineCB']This is another incredible film that has been ignored for tape or DVD production. I guess colorization takes too much of their valuable time. Grrr.
    Just as well some of us have it then.

Does seem very odd that it hasn't been shown on television for so long.

Liked
    0 times
    name='Wolfgang']I can do one for you. Give me your address.

Thanks for your offer Wolfgang, but I should hopefully have a copy on its way to me in the post.

Liked
    9 times
    Some of Jenny's stuff is so difficult to come by. Some of us fully believe everyone who wishes to appreciate her talents should be able to so we have unspoken policy to inseminate her work as widely as possible.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast