Thread: Genevieve II

Senior Member Country: England noglea's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Anyone heard anything about this. According to imdb it is to be made for 2006 starring Roger Moore as Lord Broadhurst and Susan Hampshire as his wife but I haven't seen anything else about it Bit of a belated sequel but there you go. At least its not a remake.

Senior Member Country: UK Wee Sonny MacGregor's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    Oh my gawd, I've just read that a remake of Genevieve is being planned. Short listed to play the Kay Kendall part is Shilpa Shetty. I kid you not. Help.

Liked
    0 times
    I can well understand filmmakers who'd want to pick up an old story that wasn't handled too well the first time around, but I really don't know where they find the sheer, utter arrogance to think they're capable of re-doing these wonderful films that have already become part of the whole fabric of the film art. I think this sort of thing defines the abysmal lack of creativity that we seem to be stuck with. Hopefully they'll have enough grace to at least change the car's name. Somebody please tell me this is actually some sort of joke thread designed to make me reach for my nitro pills!

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    If this is a joke it's in EXTREMELY bad taste!

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    I read somewhere that this production had been cancelled for reasons of finance.

Bats.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    What a crazy notion - we should sic Saint Genevieve - the patron saint of plagues (and France) - onto the idiots who thought up Genevieve 2. What's next? Kind Hearts and Coronets 2 - after the drop? Son of Zulu? maybe someone should start a thread of worst ideas for remakes/sequels so for these morons to check before they shoot themselves in the foot.

Liked
    255 times
    name='maturin']What a crazy notion - we should sic Saint Genevieve - the patron saint of plagues (and France) - onto the idiots who thought up Genevieve 2. What's next? Kind Hearts and Coronets 2 - after the drop? Son of Zulu? maybe someone should start a thread of worst ideas for remakes/sequels so for these morons to check before they shoot themselves in the foot.

We've already had 'Son of Zulu' .... 'Zulu Dawn' .... not totally bad, but not very good either.

Bats.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    In fact there is nothing wrong in remaking films. John Huston's The Maltese Falcon is regarded as a classic, but was the third version of this tale, and I think Martin Scorsese's Cape Fear is an improvement on the 1962 version. However, these are the exception rather than the rule, and there is a long list of dire remakes from The Boys in Blue to The Ladykillers, that makes talk of another version of Genevieve unappealing.

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    1 times
    name='Wee Sonny MacGregor']Oh my gawd, I've just read that a remake of Genevieve is being planned. Short listed to play the Kay Kendall part is Shilpa Shetty. I kid you not. Help.

The UK 'Hello' magazine seems to be the main media outlet with this story.

It doesn't carry many details though.

The news was put on their website on Tuesday so it would seem that the film is still going ahead. Maybe they'll turn it into a Bollywood version.

I can hardly wait.

Dave.

Liked
    255 times
    IMDB have removed any trace of Genevieve 2 and a Bollywood version is not listed via Shilpa Shetty.

Bats.