Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    Curious: Can some (please) tell me whether the following describes the same test transmission film(s) from early 60's: One covered what I expect was a late 50's motor race; I thought that it as the Mille Miglia, but perhaps it was the Coupe Des Alpes. Vintage racing with a few crashes/ calamaties and I think spectators standing beside the road. (Long before the days of safety barriers, etc.)

Second, about the same time -and may be the same film. The only part I can recall was where to do with a maintenance chap in a cable car in the Alps. The cable car stops at a pylon and the chap climbs out and starts greasing the wheels, over which the cable runs. (-used to fascinate me!) (Sounds very much like the request from 'PorkyPete', but was not, I think, New Zealand.)

I would be interested to know what it is/they are -and then, hopefully, where to get them.

TIA,

Nick

Liked
    0 times
    You are right - the race is the 1958 Coupe des Alpes, and that is the name of the film...the cable car one is "Diavolezza". Both are available, the former from Shell - the other was a BP film - see the address for Take 3 productions in my post above for contact details...

Liked
    0 times
    Hi

I'm new to this thread so please take this in to account.

I have been looking for 3 films from the late 60's / early 70's.

The first was a government information film entitled 'Granny gets the point'. It provided an introduction in to decimalisation and was an absolute gem.

The second film that I am seeking is the 'Home Made Car'.

I can't recollect the name of the third film but it was a TTT of the late 60's and it focussed on power boat racing around the UK. It might be 'Ride the White Horses' but I can't remember, it's just too long ago. It had a n energetic sountrack which I remember whistling to when I did my paper round !

If anyone has any information on how I might obtain DVD copies of these, I would be extremely grateful.

Best wishes

Ian

P.S. Excellent site - keep up the good work

Liked
    0 times
    I've tried to set up trades for these before, but my PC broke, the site broke, I lost my password...all sorts. If anyone had a selection of these on DVD and was willing to help out (for the right price, of course) a new collector, I'd be very happy.

Senior Member Country: UK image45's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Were would these have been used? Do they have a link to trade test cards that were on the BBC after close down at all?

Liked
    0 times
    The trade test colour films were shown during pre-colour tests on BBC2 from 1962 onwards, with regular afternoon schedules from 1967 to 1973. Check out the Webfax.org.uk site for details. ps, anyone out there got "Algerian Pipeline", "Multiplicity" or "Oil Underground"?

Senior Member Country: UK image45's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='keysandyk']The trade test colour films were shown during pre-colour tests on BBC2 from 1962 onwards, with regular afternoon schedules from 1967 to 1973. Check out the Webfax.org.uk site for details. ps, anyone out there got "Algerian Pipeline", "Multiplicity" or "Oil Underground"?

Thank you for the info

Liked
    0 times
    Yes, they were used on a regular basic from the mid-1960's to 1973 to enable viewers and tv dealers to test colour television receivers with films that would enhance the promotion of colour. Remember colour started on BBC-2 in 1967 and on BBC-1 and ITV it only started in late 1969. So these films would run at regular intervals during the day.

Liked
    0 times
    I know we have a thread running in the "looking for a DVD" section on this subject . But many of you will miss this if you are not looking for a DVD and are only interested in British Television.

So for those of you who wish to discuss further this phenonomen of early British Television and the films shown during the day when normal programmes were not being shown then please feel free to discuss below.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    name='keysandyk']The trade test colour films were shown during pre-colour tests on BBC2 from 1962 onwards, with regular afternoon schedules from 1967 to 1973. Check out the Webfax.org.uk site for details. ps, anyone out there got "Algerian Pipeline", "Multiplicity" or "Oil Underground"?

I too would like to get copies of those films, I remember them very well. Can I also add "Land Of The Sun Returning" to that wish list!

TB

Liked
    0 times
    The films were used in the early days of testing colour on BBC-2 mainly from 1967 - 1973 though some were used earlier at the start of BBC-2. They would be shown during the day when there were no scheduled programmes.

In those days apart from "Play School" at 11.00am there were no scheduled programmes on BBC-2 until 7pm. So these films were shown at set times each day. e.g. 10.45am 11.35am 2.30pm 3.30pm 4.30pm 5.30pm and 6.30pm.

At other times Testcard F the colour testcard would be shown.

In the very early days of BBC-2 a few films were run after closedown, but that was short lived.

Junior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Aenima']I have the following on 9 DVDs:

1. A Journey Into the Wield of Kent

2. Beauty in trust

3. Birth of a Rainbow

4. Bulong and Bola

5. Cantagallo

6. Coupe Des Alpes

7. Crossroads of civilization

8. Crown Of Glass

9. Diavelezza

10. Divertimento

11. Evoluon

12. Four Men Of India – Poor Quality

13. Giuseppina

14. Highland Playground

15. Highlands in the sun

16. How The Motor Car Works - The engine

17. Impressions of Expo ‘67

18. It’s The Tube That Makes Colour

19. L For Logic

20. Land Reclamation

21. Lure Of The Bahamas – Poor Quality

22. On The Safe Side

23. Overhaul

24. Paint

25. Pan-tele-tron

26. Power To Fly

27. Powerboat ‘66

28. Prospects for Plastics

29. Ride The White Horses

30. Shadow of Progress

31. Skyhook

32. Snofari

33. Something Nice To Eat

34. Story In The Rocks

35. Study In Steel

36. Surf Beach

37. The Captive River

38. The Cattle carters

39. The Grass Growers

40. The Home Made Car

41. The North Sea Quest

42. The Small Propeller

43. The Tide Of Traffic

44. The Under Water Search

45. The Vanishing Coast

46. Toe Hold On A Harbour

47. Transport-Ability

48. We've Come A Long Way
    I am also interested in your dvd's, can i have a price please for the set of dvd's. thank you.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi

I am a new member to the forum. I would love to get hold of some of these films, specifically Ride the White Horses which would bring back some great memories. If anyone can help then please let me know.

thanks

Bob

Liked
    0 times
    Hi All

I have just joined the forum just like to say hello.

I have read a quite a few posts relating to the bbc trade test films,I used to watch them when I got home from school inthe mid 60's until the finished in 1973. My favourite was the 1958 Coupe des Alpes,also The Home Made car,I hope I could possibly aquire some of these films on dvd.

Cheers The Flyer

Liked
    0 times
    Welcome Bob and The Flyer - this is a good site - a lot of knowledge lies here!

Liked
    0 times
    no, I do not have a copy of "London by Night" ! but I would love to buy any DVDs of the famous BBC2 trade test transmissions;

I see some earlier posters had these and maybe some of the requests for copies were successful, so any one with a collection of these mini classics please mail me, many thanks

"I am the frog, but for me, Galvani would be nowhere..." Evoluon

Liked
    0 times
    I know this has been discussed before, but that thread seems to have died off...

does any kind person have any of these mini classics on DVD? I am aware of the sources of old Shell films but would like to get a decent collection across the board, including Evoluon and Giusppinna ( available online) and many others such as Crown of Glass, Birth of a Rainbow, SIDE and the rest ( which are not); any collector able to help?

Mark

Senior Member Country: England aaron's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    name='markb2007']... and many others such as Crown of Glass, Birth of a Rainbow, SIDE and the rest ( which are not); any collector able to help?

Mark

My dad is very briefly in Crown of glass!! A forum member kindly made me a copy before.....

Senior Member Country: Ireland Edward G's Avatar
    Liked
    107 times
    Like Mark I also fondly remember these gems like The Home Made Car and Giusepinna from a while back. I have been unable to track down anyone who can help me out with a decent DVD collection so far. Is there anyone out there who can help on this? I would be delighted and would be willing to compensate for the trouble. Hope my SOS reaches the right ears and thank you..

name='markb2007']I know this has been discussed before, but that thread seems to have died off...

does any kind person have any of these mini classics on DVD? I am aware of the sources of old Shell films but would like to get a decent collection across the board, including Evoluon and Giusppinna ( available online) and many others such as Crown of Glass, Birth of a Rainbow, SIDE and the rest ( which are not); any collector able to help?

Mark

Junior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    Evoluon is available to watch on Youtube.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-_pZV3tDiw"]YouTube - Evoluon - Part 1[/ame]

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast