Thread: Demobbed

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Pastry Time's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    One of my best loved films is Demobbed from the Manchunian film studios. Love the films they made, and another I like is Over the garden wall with Norman Evans. Great to be able to see the stars of the 40-50s still alive on the screen. Lets have some on TV!

Liked
    0 times
    (MrPastry @ Sep 22 2005, 03:43 PM)

One of my best loved films is Demobbed from the Manchunian film studios. Love the films they made, and another I like is Over the garden wall with Norman Evans. Great to be able to see the stars of the 40-50s still alive on the screen. Lets have some on TV!
    I have never seen the complete film of 'Demobbed', but I have seen a number of excerpts from it in the video presented by Roy Hudd, 'Stars of Victory'. These excerpts included Anne Ziegler and Webster Booth singing a medley of their greatest successes. I would love to be able to obtain videos or recordings of other films featuring Anne Ziegler and/or Webster Booth, such as 'The Laughing Lady' (1946) 'Faust' (1935), 'The Robber Symphony' (1936), 'The Invader' and 'Sunshine Ahead' (1937).