Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't think I'll bother then...

Liked
    0 times
    (Captain Casper @ Oct 24 2005, 09:37 PM)

I've got a couple of these that I've transferred to DVD if anyone wants them? I can recall someone asking for them a few weeks ago and found them on an old backup.

I've got the 1978 and 79 ones. Fantastic piece of BBC nostalgia,
    Captain Casper, for some reason I can't PM you, but I'd like a copy please!

Thanks.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi, my first visit to this fine forum, like what i see....."xmas tapes" yes those in-house extravaganzas not for public viewing, like others i have many regional itv productions, tv-am and the legendary bbc tapes along with Molinaire and bfbs promos, but also have some old American television examples of goofing around on set...a topless dancer on a live kiddies prog' called the SOUPY SALES show, risque footage considered too hot for tv back in the early days of THE DATING GAME [blind date], unlady-like performances from Julie Andrews from her tv show, Johnny Carson's private message to the shows sponsors and several other skits i don't believe have ever been aired.

These tapes are hilarious good fun, made more interesting because we're not supposed to see them, but as the saying goes ....forbidden fruit etc.

Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I worked with the Beeb for several years - round about that time and remember them well. YES - Please - any chance of a copy of 78 & 79 on DVD?

Thanks

Liked
    0 times

Pssst! (It should be 'BELLES Of St Trinians') It's a pun you see.
    Yep - waz sooooo tired!

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Captain Casper']Just to add.. I now have the ITV versions of "Merry Christmas VT".

9 offerings from various ITV regions. Quality isn't brilliant due to very old VHS tapes, but still a nice bit of memorabilia if anyone wants them?

Hope you don't think I'm being too cheeky, with this being my first post, but I got all excited when I saw this thread while reading the forums to get a feel of the place.

I would dearly love copies of these, plus the BBC ones mentioned, and of course will pay any expenses, costs etc..

(Hope I'm not too late and everyone has left the building)

Senior Member Country: UK image45's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Famous Mortimer']I've also got both these, so if anyone wants to do trades or anything, and Captain Casper is unavailable, give me a holler. I'll trade em for some good old TV stuff.

A few of the members on this forum have these recordings. Myself included, however if anyone has a first generation copy direct from the original 2" Quad video tape or a Panasonic D3 digital copy moved to DVD this would indeed be the version to have for best quality.

Mine are very watchable but do have a bit of noise build up so are not perfect like

Liked
    0 times
    Heard some much about the Christmas tapes, a rare thing nowadays but very good all the same....

Liked
    0 times
    i would love copies of all the xmas vt tapes!

the bbc 78/79 tapes were the reason i got into television!

Liked
    0 times
    Hello,

Just stumbled across this topic...what wonderful shows these are! I've got the BBC 78 and 79, but would love to see the ITV version. Are there any other beeb ones in circulation?

Liked
    0 times
    What happened in the end then did everyone get a copy like?

Liked
    0 times
    I have BBC Xmas Tapes 1978/79/80 First two are ok but 80 is not very good. Also, I have some ITV ones and Boon out takes and Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady out takes, made by Central.

Does anyone out there have a copy of Mike and the Mechanics live at Baden Baden studios before Paul Young died ? On VHS or DVD. Also have OTT The Worst Of on DVD which I matbe read that someone was looking for.

Liked
    0 times
    Haven't got mine yet, but catching up with Captain Casper to see if he's posted them yet. But still interested though image45.

Liked
    0 times
    name='endoftheschedule']Haven't got mine yet, but catching up with Captain Casper to see if he's posted them yet. But still interested though image45.

If anyone needs any help with obtaining 1978 & 1979 just send me a PM and I will do my best to support you! I do have 1980 and 1982 as well! However most people feel that the first two are indeed the best and most funny to watch. . I find 1993 is very cutting and cynical due to the changes going on at the BBC during this period in the early 1990's. Mine are all first generation copies so do not suffer with noise or bad colour bleed as some mulit generation VHS copies do!

Liked
    0 times
    name='Captain Casper']Basically, they were a series of internal BBC tapes made by the VT guys to hand round themselves each Christmas with the inevitable leak to the outside world.

They're full of bloopers and out-takes that were (then) very unsuitable for transmission and the odd celebrity pops up (Kenny Everitt, Kenneth Kendall, Richard Baker etc) with a message for the backroom boys.

These are now very hard to get hold of.

I was fortunate enough to get to see the famous one containing VT tea and 'cos he's a sports PA at the Beeb on Xmas day itself, but of course in those days spare copies were not exactly available on request. Would LOVE to be able to obtain either VHS or DVD if anyone could oblige, all costs met of course

Liked
    0 times
    name='bukksfizz']I was fortunate enough to get to see the famous one containing VT tea and 'cos he's a sports PA at the Beeb on Xmas day itself, but of course in those days spare copies were not exactly available on request. Would LOVE to be able to obtain either VHS or DVD if anyone could oblige, all costs met of course

Did they let you have some VT tea while you watched it????

Senior Member Country: England Captain Casper's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Not been on here for a while. If anyone still wants the DVD's then PM me.

Liked
    0 times
    I saw a couple of these in the early 80s thanks to a mate who used to work inside the Beeb.

I recall the frequent comment after gaffes: "Merry Xmas VT" so it was expected that these would end up on the VT Xmas Tape.

It was amazing back then but of course has spawned a whole genre for our delight albeit suitably tamed down.

Liked
    0 times
    name='royzee']I saw a couple of these in the early 80s thanks to a mate who used to work inside the Beeb.

I recall the frequent comment after gaffes: "Merry Xmas VT" so it was expected that these would end up on the VT Xmas Tape.

It was amazing back then but of course has spawned a whole genre for our delight albeit suitably tamed down.

I recall the frequent comment after gaffes: "Merry Xmas VT" , most often by Noel Edmonds for 1978,1979!

Liked
    0 times
    hi there... i paid you a LONG time ago and still didnt receive a copy... so long ago in fact that ive moved, please pm and we can sort this out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast