Senior Member Country: UK aphra's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Am I being unduly naive, but is there any way in which I can view these two channels in the ratio in which they were intended to be seen? I get them through an ordinary Sky box, and though they are listed on Freeview, the latter does not seem to carry the movie part of the two channels' schedules. The advertising material and the auction programmes are all in the correct ratio. I use a Panasonic DVD recorder (not a computer) and had hoped that if I recorded them with Toby-jug shaped actors I could use the facility on my Panasonic TV to restore them. But no. Help would be much appreciated.

Senior Member Country: UK A Pemberton's Avatar
    Liked
    30 times
    Im dont really understand your theory for recording but if this helps you can change you output from your Sky box to your DVD recorder from a 4:3 ratio to a 16:9 or the other way round by accessing the sky menu as follows

SERVICES>SYSTEM SETUP>PICTURE SETTINGS

You are also affected by the way the broadcaster decides to transmit and what ratio they use ,if it was a Sky owned channel you could be sure a programme is transmitted in 16:9 however matinee movies could be different

Hope this helps

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    22 times
    I had the same problem initially when my Sky Box was set to picture ratio "4:3" Altough fine on most channels, Matinee movies was distorted into a letterbox shape.

When I changed the output of the box to "16:9" the Matinee Movies picture immediately changed to the correct 4:3 ratio. Now can anybody explain that??

MrT

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    I find this problem a real pain with Sky boxes. You almost have to second guess the aspects ratio the transmission is going to be in. The good thing with a Digibox is that if you keep it on “letterbox? it will adjust automatically when the transmission is 4:3. There are occasions when the 4:3 transmission can appear small but you can react quite quickly just by pressing the wide button on the remote. Problem with Sky box is you have to scroll through menus to get to the picture adjustment and all this activity totally ruins any recording.

BTW, I haven't noticed Matinee/Bad Movies listed on scanning with my Digibox. I assume they are only available via Sky box?

Cheers,

A

Senior Member Country: UK aphra's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    (Aenima @ Nov 22 2005, 01:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I find this problem a real pain with Sky boxes. You almost have to second guess the aspects ratio the transmission is going to be in. The good thing with a Digibox is that if you keep it on “letterbox? it will adjust automatically when the transmission is 4:3. There are occasions when the 4:3 transmission can appear small but you can react quite quickly just by pressing the wide button on the remote. Problem with Sky box is you have to scroll through menus to get to the picture adjustment and all this activity totally ruins any recording.

BTW, I haven't noticed Matinee/Bad Movies listed on scanning with my Digibox. I assume they are only available via Sky box?

Cheers,

A

[/b]

If you go to

http://www.mydigiguide.com/dgx/wbl.dll?h=1&a=37

they will allow you to access three stations without subscribing. Digiguide is the ONLY place, to my knowledge where you can access the programme details of Bad Movies and Matinee Movies. The site is really useful and gives you information of how many times each film is going to be repeated, and a rough cast-list and storyline in pop-up form.