Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cash On Demand

Senior Member Country: UK HammerDave's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scenesixty
    I see the booking page for this gem of a film on BFI website is already 3/4 full! Have bagged a couple of tickets-open for public buying tomorrow! I recommend anyone who can make it to be QUICK! Fantastic film-probably a good print too! (1961).
    I was there too, I wonder if I was anywhere near you. What an excellent film, one of the best hard-to-find Hammers.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain scenesixty's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HammerDave
    I was there too, I wonder if I was anywhere near you. What an excellent film, one of the best hard-to-find Hammers.

Yes probably very near! Went with a fellow Hammerfan-had a chat with 'Harvill' Barry Lowe! Charming Man! No matter how many times I watch, I still am enthralled with the dialogue! for me-especially Andre Morell-"I'm not going to tell you exactly what to say, as I want you to express yourself in your usual manner..." Gore-Hepburn to Fordyce.

Hammerposters web page shows the UK cinema quad for this masterpiece!

Liked
    5 times
    Has anyone ever seen a UK pressbook for 'Cash On Demand'? Reason being I have about eight press stills from this film-but wondered if the book shows the front-of-house still set.Of course the UK quad is awesome.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scenesixty
    Has anyone ever seen a UK pressbook for 'Cash On Demand'? Reason being I have about eight press stills from this film-but wondered if the book shows the front-of-house still set.Of course the UK quad is awesome.
    I don't know about "more modern" films like Cash on Demand, but the press books I have for older films (mainly from the 1940s & 50s) don't show the full set of press stills, just a sample of a few of them. They often did albums of the full set of stills as well as the press book

Steve

Senior Member Country: Scotland julian_craster's Avatar
    Liked
    103 times
    This was only released as a B film [with no premiere], so may not have had a pressbook......You could ask the BFI library if they have one....

Senior Member Country: England darrenburnfan's Avatar
    Liked
    98 times
    It may have had an Exhibitors Campaign Book...which gave the cinema manager ideas on how to promote the film and gave information about publicity material that was available from the National Screen Service, such as mounted stereos for the local newspaper; quad posters; Front-of-House sets; 35mm trailers and press stills. However, I think such campaign books may only have been made for feature films and not second features.

Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by julian_craster
    This was only released as a B film [with no premiere], so may not have had a pressbook......You could ask the BFI library if they have one....

A good idea! One of the NSS press-stills I have is one of Gore-Hepburn (Morell) standing on the stairs in the underground bank vault looking concerned! Probably at the 'Magic Eye' blinking on+off -a very tense scene! Intiguingly this "B" film shot in Apr '61 wasn't released until Dec '63! and then shown (I think) as a double feature with 'Bye Bye Birdie'-so am very proud to own the standalone Quad. Best to all.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Hang on to those stills they used to come in sets of 8 they could be worth quite a bit. I used to have loads of these 10x8 f.o.h stills and I stupidly used to exchange them for VHS tapes. The original set of Hammers 1958 DRACULA are very rare and are worth a fortune! I used to have pressbooks for the 2 Quatermass films and posters but sometimes one lets them go.....for next to nothing.

Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by philip hindley
    Hang on to those stills they used to come in sets of 8 they could be worth quite a bit. I used to have loads of these 10x8 f.o.h stills and I stupidly used to exchange them for VHS tapes. The original set of Hammers 1958 DRACULA are very rare and are worth a fortune! I used to have pressbooks for the 2 Quatermass films and posters but sometimes one lets them go.....for next to nothing.
    I foolishly did likewise, selling a set of (8) FOH stills for 'Fanatic' ('65) for next to nothing-though must admit N.S.S. press-stills are actually much better!

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    Quote Originally Posted by julian_craster
    The BFI do have a pressbook (and presumably a photocopier)

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    Pressbooks are usually on fiche at the BFI library and, if so, you will be able to photocopy at 25p per copy.

Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainWaggett
    The BFI do have a pressbook (and presumably a photocopier)
    Thanks to Captain Julian + m3 -have contacted BFI by phone and they are photocopying the entire pressbook for me-at cost.

Liked
    5 times
    Managed to procure a gorgeous and faithfull repro on high quality gloss paper from BFI of: Cash On Demand great ads and, storylines, graphics, promotional material etc. The inlay's are on gold print, no doubt to relect the storyline; 'The Gold Inside'. The quad poaters, it says, could be purchased for three shillings!-wish I'd paid that for my copy!! A set of eight Front-Of-House still set was five shillings! Best to all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12