Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottle Boys

Senior Member Country: England noglea's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anybody have any episodes of 'Bottle Boys'. It starred Robin Askwith and ran for two series. The first in 1984 and the second in 1985. I would also be interested in any episodes of two series from the 1970s that he was in 'Beryl's Lot' and the Kenneth Connor series ''On the House' . I would also like a copy of 'Infidelities' which he appeared in opposite Christopher Biggins and Charlotte Rampling in 1983.

Liked
    0 times
    I remember the theme tune, and that was enough to put me off it forever.

Liked
    0 times
    I remember Robin Askwith and that put me off forever...

Liked
    0 times
    agreed,,,,,"Bottle Boys" started with a VERY dodgy theme song and went

rapidly downhill from there. its amazing that it lasted for two series.

did the dairy manager have the same brassy secretary as "the gaffer"?

Liked
    0 times
    And didn't that !@*&&#036;£! - Jim Davidson do something similar in a sitcom?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img]

Liked
    0 times
    I'd happily kill Jim Davidson. It was called "Up The Elephant and Round The Castle" wasn't it? Bag of shit.

Liked
    0 times
    Maybe we should start a thread of people we would happily "remove from society" (shall we say...)

For my part, Davidson (obviously), Chubby Brown, Sting....

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Naffineck!

Two people in the same thread that I would gladly batter with a blunt instrument.

Robin Askwith and Jim Davidson.

Liked
    4 times
    Leave Robin Askwith alone!! OK, so BOTTLE BOYS was shite, but there's no reason to be so harsh on the Ask, as we at the BHF board call him. I mean, DUCK PATROL was worse, but I don't see anyone threatening to assault Richard Wilson!! I had the pleasure and honour of drinking with him (Askwith) at the Festival Of Fantastic Films in Manchester this September, and found him to be a witty, polite (if very raucous and on the nose), charming and funny geezer with whom I was proud to share several pints. Not to mention his interview prior to this, conducted by my old mate Darrell Buxton, which was unbeatable for sheer entertainment. As a British film fan, I happen to think his performances in the CONFESSIONS films are epochal, to say nothing of his work for Pete Walker in the excellent COOL IT CAROL or his appearances in Lindsay Anderson's masterful Mick Travis trilogy.

I can understand people getting riled by Jim Davidson's 'political inclinations' but to be honest I don't think he has any, he just likes winding people up. And it works. But Askwith shouldn't be tarred with the same brush just because they share an accent. Sting, on the other hand, I concur with- to paraphrase Shakespeare (something else the Ask is highly adept at) - 'Sting, where is thy death?' This man SHOULD be battered repeatedly round the head- with the first three Police albums, to remind him of what he used to be capable of. And he can't act for toffee.

By the way, this was the second time I have written this message- it deleted itself when I tried to use italics. Could those responsible sort out their effing software...

Liked
    0 times
    (Jack Gurney @ Dec 1 2005, 04:02 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Leave Robin Askwith alone!! OK, so BOTTLE BOYS was shite, but there's no reason to be so harsh on the Ask, as we at the BHF board call him. I mean, DUCK PATROL was worse, but I don't see anyone threatening to assault Richard Wilson!! I had the pleasure and honour of drinking with him (Askwith) at the Festival Of Fantastic Films in Manchester this September, and found him to be a witty, polite (if very raucous and on the nose), charming and funny geezer with whom I was proud to share several pints. Not to mention his interview prior to this, conducted by my old mate Darrell Buxton, which was unbeatable for sheer entertainment. As a British film fan, I happen to think his performances in the CONFESSIONS films are epochal, to say nothing of his work for Pete Walker in the excellent COOL IT CAROL or his appearances in Lindsay Andderson's masterful Mick Travis trilogy.

I can understand people getting riled by Jim Davidson's 'political inclinations' but to be honest I don't think he has any, he just likes winding people up. And it works. But Askwith shouldn't be tarred with the same brush just because they share an accent. Sting, on the other hand, I concur with- to paraphrase Shakespeare (sometihng else there Ask is highly adept at) - 'Sting, where is thy death?' This man SHOULD be battered repeatedly round the head- with the first three Police albums, to remind him of wha he used to be capable of. And he can't act for toffee.

By the way, this was the second time I have written this message- it deleted itself when I tried to use italics. Could those responsible sort out their effing software...

[/b]

oooopppssss.....I think we have a misunderstanding. I wasn't comparing 'the ask' to tosser Davidson ('the ask' does have something Davidson doesn't-talent) he just annoys the feck out of me.

As they were mentioned in the same post, I was merely 'rounding them up' with a virtual posse.

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Liked
    0 times
    "The Ask".....?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rotfl.gif[/img]

surely Arthur got there first..

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    (arty-dave @ Dec 2 2005, 08:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

"The Ask".....?? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rotfl.gif[/img]

surely Arthur got there first..

[/b]

So Robin Askwith should really just be "An Ask"? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/clapping.gif[/img]

Steve

Liked
    4 times
    It's a popular form of term of endearment often used at the British Horror Films Board, or at least it was when it existed. There are several: it started with 'the Cush' (Peter Cushing) then 'the Plezz' (Donald Pleasence)- since then there's been The Ask, the Benn (Hywel Bennett) The Hem (David Hemmings) the Finch (Jon Finch, although not so amusing as it's actually his name) The Mazz (Anna Massey) and of course 'The Burt' (Richard Burton). More and more are appearing day by day- maybe you could think of some of your own. KIND HEARTS AND CORONETS lovers may refer to 'The Guinn', of course.

Very silly, but a lot of fun.

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    (Jack Gurney @ Dec 3 2005, 04:17 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

It's a popular form of term of endearment often used at the British Horror Films Board, or at least it was when it existed. There are several: it started with 'the Cush' (Peter Cushing) then 'the Plezz' (Donald Pleasence)- since then there's been The Ask, the Benn (Hywel Bennett) The Hem (David Hemmings) the Finch (Jon Finch, although not so amusing as it's actually his name) The Mazz (Anna Massey) and of course 'The Burt' (Richard Burton). More and more are appearing day by day- maybe you could think of some of your own. KIND HEARTS AND CORONETS lovers may refer to 'The Guinn', of course.

Very silly, but a lot of fun.

[/b]

But Arthur Askey has been in a British Horror film - The Ghost Train (1941).

So he still deserves the title & Robin Askwith should just be "Another Ask" or "The Ask 2"

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    The Ask is a diamond, nuff respeck for "Horror Hospital".

Jim Davidson, on the other hand, I'd like to drop him in the middle of Harlem with every stereo in the area playing a selection of his choicest comments. I will laugh my ass off the day he dies.

Liked
    0 times
    Hello.

Anyone got episodes of this Robin Askwith sitcom from the 80's.Bet it's not half as awful as those so called "tv polls" have brandished it.Plenty to trade

Cheers.

Liked
    0 times
    Yup, I have a dvd with about half a dozen eps on it.

It's actually quite good!

If interested PM me

Liked
    0 times
    Hi there,

I have 9 of the 13 episodes made if you want to get in touch,

Best wishes,

The Doc.

Senior Member Country: England noglea's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I would love to get hold of some episodes of 'Bottle Boys'.

Senior Member Country: England captainhaddock's Avatar
    Liked
    29 times
    ive just noticed this is on sale on i offer
    from the same seller that has casanova 73
    i'm tempted to buy but this show was dreadful wasnt it ?
    are there any saving graces to it ?
    can anyone speak up in its defence ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast