Liked
    0 times
    Could anyone tell me if it is possible to find/buy a video tape or DVD-based version of the 1989 BBC TV film "Tumbledown" with Colin Firth? It was a remarkable piece, which had a great personal impact on me, and I am extremely keen to try to find it on tape or DVD. Despite the controversy it generated when first released, it is now rarely shown, if ever, in either Britain or the United States. Many thanks in advance! S.L. Andreani-Pandeff (New York City)

Liked
    0 times
    Could anyone please tell me if it is possible to find/buy a video tape or DVD-based version of the BBC's 1989 film, "Tumbledown", with Colin Firth? It is a remarkable work that had quite an impact on me personally, and I am extremely keen to find it. Tumbledown was highly controversial when it first appeared and is now rarely, if ever, shown in Britain or America. Many thanks in advance from New York City.

Senior Member Country: UK aphra's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't think TUMBLEDOWN has been issued commercially. If you are still looking for this TV drama, I have a recording of it.

Liked
    0 times
    have a DVD of Tumbledown

Liked
    0 times
    I've DVD copy

Liked
    151 times
    I wonder if anybody could help, I've been contacted by Lieutenant Robert Lawrence (Firth's character) and he'd like a copy of the film as he doesn't possess one. If you can help, drop me a PM and I'll forward his email.

Liked
    0 times
    need someone thats got a copy of tumbledown 1980s please contact me

bbc .film

Liked
    0 times
    name='aphra']I don't think TUMBLEDOWN has been issued commercially. If you are still looking for this TV drama, I have a recording of it.

I would dearly love to see BBC's 1989 film, "Tumbledown" about Robert Lawrence. I never seem to be able to obtain a copy from anywhere. If you can help me in this search I would be eternally grateful.

Liked
    0 times
    I've been trying to find this film for years, my parents were friend of The Corries, who did all the music, and i am a big fan of the music myself. i also went to Mount Tumbledown a couple of years back and played The Garten Mothers Lullaby on my MP3 player, while having a quiet moment. this if i remember rightly was one of the songs used on the film. it was rather moving to me. i have a big interest in the falklands conflict, etc, and after being there myself with the RAF, i had a chance to see some of the places first hand.

i would be so greatfull if someone could make a dvd copy of this film for me, or steer me in the right direction to get one for myself.

Please PM me if you can help

Thanks,

Keith

Liked
    0 times
    I would love to introduce myself in the Introductions forum, if only I could find it!

Since I can't seem to find it, I am Michele from NYC, a great lover of British films, and a particular fan of Colin Firth, star of Tumbledown.

And here's some good news!

Tumbledown (BBC)