Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Judge John Deed

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Does anyone have any of these to trade on DVD? For some bizarre reason the BBC still will not give it an official DVD release which beggars belief as it is one of its top dramas.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    (summerisle @ Jan 15 2006, 05:25 PM)

Does anyone have any of these to trade on DVD? For some bizarre reason the BBC still will not give it an official DVD release which beggars belief as it is one of its top dramas.
    Not Martin Shaw being a prima-donna again is it?

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    Hi, Everyone,

Does anyone have any episodes of "Judge John Deed" which began airing in 2001 on UK TV? I'ts not available commercially, and I would love to see more of it. Martin Shaw is excellent as the Judge.

MOEW ... Shaw is a bit of "a prima-donna again" but that seems to be part of his trademark from the roles I've seen him in. He's got it down perfectly in "Rhodes" (1996). Have you had a chance to see that series? His highstrung scene at the funeral where he totally breaks down was amazing.

Back to 'Judge John Deed'.....will happily trade/pay all costs. Please PM me?

As always, thanks for any help or information,

Best,

Barbara

Senior Member Country: UK A Pemberton's Avatar
    Liked
    30 times
    Play.com have the first series on release from the 8th MAY .

It seems Martin Shaw is quite happy this time for his work(John Deed) to be released, and his so called pretentious streak has gone.

Its a pity he did not like the Professionals ,I think it gave him his base to be what he is today, a popular and accomplished actor.

Liked
    0 times
    (A Pemberton @ May 1 2006, 05:40 PM)

It seems Martin Shaw is quite happy this time for his work(John Deed) to be released, and his so called pretentious streak has gone.

Its a pity he did not like the Professionals ,I think it gave him his base to be what he is today, a popular and accomplished actor.
    I understand that Lewis Collins waited for yonks for Shaw to climb down off his high horse. Perhaps Shaw is more astute that he's been given credit for. The clamour for a dvd release meant that when finally on sale the residuals to the actors involved were a lot more than a normal, general release would have been.

Btw...The 'Deed' release also includes the pilot episode...so even more good value.

Liked
    399 times
    (A Pemberton @ May 1 2006, 04:40 PM)

Hello, A Pemberton,

THANKS so very much for the news that JJDeed is finally coming out on dvd, or any form! I would have bought it on VHS. I became a fan of Shaw through his Adam Dalgliesh, Rhodes, and then picked up an episode of the Professionals. A bit backward but quite interesting to see the progression of his talent. I must say Shaw's John Deed is so different from his Raymond Doyle in The Professionals. I would never have known they were done by the same person. I look forward to seeing Shaw on stage as I understand his theatre work is superb.

Best,

Barbara

Liked
    399 times
    (plasticjock @ May 1 2006, 08:01 PM)

...The clamour for a dvd release meant that when finally on sale the residuals to the actors involved were a lot more than a normal, general release would have been.

Btw...The 'Deed' release also includes the pilot episode...so even more good value.
    Hi, Plasticjock,

I didn't realise that about higher residuals for the dvd release. I wonder if the series "Always and Everyone" (1999) with Shaw will ever be released as there is a clamour for that as well. Hope so as I'd like to see that one too.

Nice indeed that JJDeed includes the pilot.

Best,

Barbara

Senior Member Country: UK Sleepin_Dragon's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Ive had no luck finding out if this will be released from the BBC, does anyone have any of the episodes from series 5 - 7 please, please pm me if you do :-)

Senior Member Country: Scotland Grey Wyler's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    I am also desperate to get any episodes from Series 5 - 7. Can anyone help ?

Liked
    0 times
    There are apparently issues with 2 episodes from Series 5 involving upheld complaints to OFCOM and the BBC has since said it will NEVER release or re-show S5 on TV.

A truncated version of S5 is available on a dutch import on Amazon

I have all JJD episodes and would be willing to trade...

Liked
    0 times
    just out of interest, what were the complaints about, obviously quite serious if they were upheld

Liked
    0 times
    name='lester m']just out of interest, what were the complaints about, obviously quite serious if they were upheld

It was in episode 5 and 6 i believe, one of which is about shaken baby syndrome and the other is about MMR

Apparently it was something ridiculous like 1 complaint!!!

Now that the good old Beeb has officially cancelled JJD they probably couldnt give a damn about DVD releases anyway.

More money to spend on quality drama like East Enders........

Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    I can't understand why some episodes are excluded from the DVD releases.
    Does anyone know how to obtain the two "missing" eps of Judge John Deed, Series 5? Without these eps, withheld from the public since they aired, Series 6 makes little sense. Where did Jo Mills' fiance go? How did Deeds get her back? What happened to the jury duty episode that's referred to in prior ep but never transpires, or must be on one of the missing eps.
    and same thing happened with Lynda LaPlante's The Commander. There's a missing episode which should be between the first set (Entrapment, Virus, Blackdog) and the second (The Devil You Know, Fraudster, Windows of the Soul). The one that's missing is called Blacklight.
    I'm told Blacklight was included on the U.S. set, but not the U.K. set, which is the one I have.
    Does anyone know where I can buy these missing eps?

Senior Member Country: UK didi-5's Avatar
    Liked
    191 times
    How odd. I had no idea the releases were missing episodes in this country. Authoring error, or deliberate? I can understand some episodes being edited for music rights etc, but to be completely removed is strange - and they are clearly not missing, as you say Blacklight is on the US set.

Liked
    0 times
    Do you know what the titles of the missing Deed episodes were? I have series 4 and 5, but I fear that the UK series may have been rearranged for the US market so the series numbers may be different. PM me if you want a list of the episodes I have.

Liked
    0 times
    I had a dig around. These are the Judge John Deed episodes I have (if anyone is interested)

Season 4, Episode 1: Lost and Found
    Season 4, Episode 2: Above the Law
    Season 4, Episode 3: In Defence of Others
    Season 4, Episode 4: Defence of the Realm
    Season 4, Episode 5: Separation of Powers
    Season 4, Episode 6: Popular Appeal

Judge John Deed - 5x01 - Hard Gating
    Judge John Deed - 5x02 - My Daughter Right Or Wrong
    Judge John Deed - 5x03 - Lost Youth
    Judge John Deed - 5x04 - Silent Killer
    Judge John Deed - 5x05 One Angry Man
    Judge John Deed - 5x06 - Heart of Darkness

Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you Wheelieman! Look for a private email.
    As to the missing ep (Blacklight) from The Commander, here's the plot, taken off IMDb:
    Storyline

A psychiatric patient, Reginald Aitken, who has been hospitalised for the last 18 years manages to escape from hospital. The same night a 17 year old girl, Sadie Carr (Commander Blake's god daughter), goes missing from a night club. Reginald is discovered holding the girl's body and covered in his blood. Reginald is thought to be the killer as his fingerprints were found on the murder weapon, however, the body of an earlier victim is uncovered, and it is proven that she was killed when he was locked up in the hospital. DCI Bridges gets the unsolicited help from a rather rude DI from Amsterdam, Van Hauten, who had similar cases in Amsterdam.

According to the same site, it was released in UK 27 March 2006 (except it apparently was not) and Sweden 27 October 2006, and was supposed to follow the episode called Blackdog.

Does anyone have it? Or does anyone know where I can get it?

Thank you.

Senior Member Country: Ireland Nimuae's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times
    I love courtroom dramas and recently bought what I thought was the complete series to date of Judge John Deed. Imagine my disappointment to discover that two episodes are missing from series 5. This does rather spoil the continuity of the story.

Does anyone know if these two are available anywhere, and why were they not included in the set ?

The episodes are "One angry man" and "Heart of darkness "

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    They include misleading rubbish about the MMR vaccine apparently

List of Judge John Deed episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm no expert in these matters but do judges normally do jury service?

Senior Member Country: Ireland Nimuae's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times
    Hmm - not sure about that - I thought that anyone over 18 and under 75 could be called to serve - but just imagine John Deed as a juryman !!

I know there has always been question marks over the MMR vaccine (I worked for the NHS for years ) but would not have thought it warranted withholding episodes of a TV programme, especially after they had already been broadcast - or were they not shown on TV either ? I wish I could track them down anyway just to complete my collection.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast