Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    Can it be explained why this 1968 film isnt listed in this weeks 'Films on TV' section of the list as it warrants a mention. I rely on this topic to warn me in advance ,but I just happened to notice this film on this Friday.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    May I bore you with a piece of trivia?

O.K. - thanks.

The song 'Mrs. Brown,You've got a lovely Daughter' - a 1965 American No.1 for Herman's Hermits,was written by Trevor Peacock,Jim in 'The Vicar of Dibley'.No,No,No,No..........YES!

Jacky

Liked
    0 times
    Anyone familiar with Manchester will marvel as to how it has changed in the intervening years...

Liked
    0 times
    (jackdaw @ Jan 19 2006, 01:26 AM)

May I bore you with a piece of trivia?

O.K. - thanks.

The song 'Mrs. Brown,You've got a lovely Daughter' - a 1965 American No.1 for Herman's Hermits,was written by Trevor Peacock,Jim in 'The Vicar of Dibley'.No,No,No,No..........YES!

Jacky
    Some more 'Trev'-triv fer ya.......sorry 'bout that

In the early days of tv Pop there was a ground-breaking show on BBC called '6.5 Special', the scripts and occasional songs for which were written by Trevor who also became a presenter on the show. When Jack Good left the Beeb after the millionth argument he went straight to ITV and started up a rival show called 'Oh Boy!' with scripts and occasional songs once again written by Trevor.

Jack and Trevor had also done a comedy double act at London's Windmill Theatre.....I know, but it's true!

Spencer Leigh, from Merseyside, one of the UK's most knowledgable music journalists, has written a wonderful, and no stone unturned, article describing the background saga of '6.5 Special'. It's on his website at http://www.spencerleigh.demon.co.uk/Sixfivespecial.htm

Trevor later went on to do some musical collaborations as lyricist with John Barry including a musical called 'Passion Flower Hotel'.

He also wrote a top five hit for Joe Brown in '63, 'That's What Love Will Do'.

All this plus being a playright, tv and stage actor and a well respected member of the RSC.

I doff my cap to him...

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    4 times
    Wasn't Passion Flower Hotel a book (and a film?) I'm sure I've still got it somewhere....

rgds

Rob

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    2 times
    (Rob Compton @ Jan 23 2006, 08:36 AM)

Wasn't Passion Flower Hotel a book (and a film?) I'm sure I've still got it somewhere....

rgds

Rob
    It was certainly a book, I remember it well from my teenage years. (Yes, it's that old!) I remember reading that there had been a stage production of it, but I hadn't heard of a film. Hmmm, wouldn't mind seeing it if there was one.

Jonesy

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    150 times
    The theme song was written by Trevor Peacock who played Jim Trott (No, no, no, no...) in The Vicar Of Dibley.

Starry x.