Liked
    0 times
    A movie I like was released in the U.S. as "Forbidden Street". I guess they figured giving it a film noir kind of title would insure a better audience turnout (and I don't know what advertising they used, though it was probably misleading and sensational). When I put that title in the search box on IMDb it went directly to the page "Brittania Mews" (1949), the title of the book it was taken from and released under in the UK.

It was filmed by the London Film Company in Shepperton and released through 20th Century Ltd. It starred Dana Andrews, Maureen O'Hara, and A. E. Matthews.

According to IMDb it hasn't been released in video (VHS or DVD) at all but is there just the possiblity that somebody somewhere has it? It hasn't been shown on American television in years and years. It has to be NTSC, not PAL Region 1.

Liked
    0 times
    (nellybly @ Jan 27 2006, 01:47 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

A movie I like was released in the U.S. as "Forbidden Street". I guess they figured giving it a film noir kind of title would insure a better audience turnout (and I don't know what advertising they used, though it was probably misleading and sensational). When I put that title in the search box on IMDb it went directly to the page "Brittania Mews" (1949), the title of the book it was taken from and released under in the UK.

It was filmed by the London Film Company in Shepperton and released through 20th Century Ltd. It starred Dana Andrews, Maureen O'Hara, and A. E. Matthews.

According to IMDb it hasn't been released in video (VHS or DVD) at all but is there just the possiblity that somebody somewhere has it? It hasn't been shown on American television in years and years. It has to be NTSC, not PAL Region 1.

[/b]

I have a NTSC vhs copy and I can either try to make you a Region 1 DVD-R copy (if my DVD recorder will oblige since it rarely works anymore) or see if I've already copied it do DVD and if I have, you're welcome to the vhs copy.

I'm new to the forum, or at least new to posting on it, so if you want to send me a PM, I'll check and let you know. jcp