Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ace Of Wands

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cornershop15 View Post
    Just seen it. He's second on the right (hand on chin), in front of Robert Tayman. And I saw him a couple of nights ago in Manhunt - murdered in the first scene of the series. In Doctor in the House, Martin Aubrey announces himself as "McArthur" and Michael Mackenzie as "Mickleton" when they find out if they've passed or failed their exams. So now we know. But who is on Martin's left in the above capture? I thnk he should have been credited as 'Second Medic' rather than Michael, who is more of an extra in that scene. Speaking of extras ...

In the first part of Ace of Wands story Sisters Deadly (1972), a mysterious lady appears behind Roy Holder in the post office.
    She popped up again in an early Dennis Potter play the other night, Moonlight on the Highway. Does Simon knows who she is?:

cornershop i believe this fearsome looking lady to be Anne Pichon, she is credited as Miss Fawcett in the 1965 film Game for Three Losers (one of the better Edgar Wallace mysteries) i watched this today , she has about 30 credits at IMDb.

Senior Member Country: England cornershop15's Avatar
    Liked
    177 times
    I can't find her, philly - and I've scanned the film twice. Which scene is she in? If you made a note of the time that will be even better.

Liked
    2 times
    She is in the opening scenes as Michael Gough's retiring secretary Miss Fawcett.

Liked
    177 times
    I found her, thanks to your descriprion, but really doubt it's the stern-faced Ace of Wands extra. The mouth seems particularly different:

What do others think? Anne Pichon is a new name to me (I know Molly Picon!).
    She has, or had, a plummy voice and noticeable lisp, rather like Lynsey Baxter.

A restored TVTimes listing for Pt 1 of Seven Serpents, Sulphur and Salt (1971):

Liked
    2 times
    I still think she is a good match, hairline, eyebrows, positioning of eyes, nose, hairstyle although dyed a different colour and shorter, the mouth looks different but in the first picture her mouth is open in the second her mouth is shut tight enhancing her look of disapproval.

Liked
    177 times
    Anne's appearance in Six Days of Justice should give us a better idea, assuming Series 4 will be released. It's nearer the time of Ace of Wands, and in colour. At least we have a chance of finding out for sure. Try identifying Kathleen Williams in A Night to Remember - all her TV credits are "missing" and other films elusive.

For the moment, I'll say that Anne Pichon was a bit part actress and our mystery lady a usually unsmiling extra (Randall and Hopkirk being another example). Thanks for trying to put a name to this woman!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12