Liked
    0 times
    I'm 33 but I saw a few of these films - Sky Pirates was one - all about two gangs of kids flying remote control planes against each other.Another one was something called 'Children of the Dark' set in the future,and the whole world had been destroyed and there were medieval type villages run by 'the elders' and some weird children living in caves who had faces that were half like the moon.The main thing I remember is that it ended with a girl finding a doll in an old tumbledown cottage and pressing a button on it and its voice going 'I want I want I want' - symbolising that the whole corruptive process was about to start again...heavy stuff for a kids film!

Does this ring any bells? - were there lots of films made this company?

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    (rg paddler @ Feb 24 2006, 04:08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I'm 33 but I saw a few of these films - Sky Pirates was one - all about two gangs of kids flying remote control planes against each other.Another one was something called 'Children of the Dark' set in the future,and the whole world had been destroyed and there were medieval type villages run by 'the elders' and some weird children living in caves who had faces that were half like the moon.The main thing I remember is that it ended with a girl finding a doll in an old tumbledown cottage and pressing a button on it and its voice going 'I want I want I want' - symbolising that the whole corruptive process was about to start again...heavy stuff for a kids film!

Does this ring any bells? - were there lots of films made this company?

[/b]

See CFF article or google for more on CFF or "Children's Film Foundation". It was a loose collective rather than a single company. Most of the films had different directors, producers etc.

As for the haircuts, you youngsters wouldn't remember but we all had haircuts like that back then [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Steve - that is an interesting article - I didn't realise how far back it went - now I know why my mom and dad rave on about how many picture houses there were back then.As for the haircuts - me and my brother both had them which really used to annoy my dad cos he thought we were trying to be girls,and he was bald - as I am now - as a coot - hoorah!