Liked
    0 times
    Hi is there anybody out there who can give me the name of an old brit thriller set in either the late 70's

or early 80's.

The film is about a gang of boys who are always doing something they shouldn't be doing

ie Breaking into peoples houses, i particularly remember one of the gang being much older than the

rest but he had some kind of mental problem & he had an age mentality of about 13 even though

he was about 20 yrs old.

i also remember him killing one of the gang & beating up another after breaking into someones house.

i also am sure that one of the actors featured in Lock Stock, he played the guy who got shot in

the neck with the Air Rifle behind the iron fence when they went to find the 3 white weed growers.

If anyone can tell me what film it is that will be great.

Thanks MJB

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    You're not thinking of 'Let Him Have It', about the Derek Bentley case, by any chance?? Let Him Have It on IMDB

Liked
    0 times
    (penfold @ Mar 8 2006, 09:38 PM)

You're not thinking of 'Let Him Have It', about the Derek Bentley case, by any chance?? Let Him Have It on IMDB
    HI, i'm not actually sure of the name of the film.

Can you tell me the actors who star in LET HIM HAVE IT?

Thanks Melvin

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    (mjb1975 @ Mar 9 2006, 03:17 PM)

HI, i'm not actually sure of the name of the film.

Can you tell me the actors who star in LET HIM HAVE IT?
    Click on the link in penfold's message to see the page about the film on the IMDb.

It starred Christopher Eccleston & Paul Reynolds

Steve

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    4 times
    Two films from the 1990s both contain elements of the plot you outline but neither match exactly. They are SMALL FACES made in 1996 but set in Glasgow in the early 70s, and A ROOM FOR ROMEO BRASS made in 1998 with the marvelous Paddy Considine as the older man with the mental age of a teenager.

Liked
    0 times
    Yeah.. i was just going to say that. "Let him have it"

The main part is played by Christopher Eccleston ((The First Doctor) The Series before David Tennant was Doctor Who.)

Its such a coincedence because I only saw this film in school a few weeks ago..

AND BY THE WAY PEOPLE. THIS IS MY FIRST POST <3

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    MJB, I think the film you are referring to could be the Children's Film Foundation feature "TERRY ON THE FENCE", which was produced in the early 1980s. Several of the later CFF films presented storylines which were more topical and dealt with serious issues rather than simply being escapist entertainment for children. TERRY ON THE FENCE focused on the theme of alienated youth culture in Thatcherite Britain.

Although I don't think there are any deaths in the film, the rest of your description matches it quite accurately.

John

Liked
    0 times
    name='Narc0sis']Yeah.. i was just going to say that. "Let him have it"

The main part is played by Christopher Eccleston ((The First Doctor) The Series before David Tennant was Doctor Who.)

Its such a coincedence because I only saw this film in school a few weeks ago..

AND BY THE WAY PEOPLE. THIS IS MY FIRST POST <3

Great avatar,my little droogy!