Liked
    0 times
    Razor Blade Smile. 1998. Directed by Jake West

This has become one of favorite fun low budget films.

It is extremely low budget indeed and some of the acting is a little dodgy in parts, the director clearly keeping costs down by using what are obviously amateur performers.

However this is somewhat ironed out by the extremely sexy Eileen Daly as Lilith Silver - the vampire and assassin all kitted out in her tight leather cat suit.

And Christopher Adamson as Sir Sethane Blake is quite simply one of the best baddies seen on a British screen for a very long time.

This is an all round sexy and fun film - its tongue thrust firmly in its cheek. But in many ways it is a classic British horror film with a somewhat humorous and well placed twist at the end.

My DVD is a special edition on Manga and has a remastered widescreen presentation and disc two has some interesting director and cast interviews.

Highly recommended if you like a camp and sexy film with a smattering of brutality thrown in.

Anyone else enjoyed this?

Senior Member Country: England sanndevil's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    Yup, it was fun and silly and totally preposterous but I enjoyed it. I remember when it was released in theatre(s) - a couple of late Friday night slots is all it got and I couldn't get over to North London at the time to see it. I always felt with a bit more promotion it could have done well. Still, the video sales were excellent. Whether they paid off the Director's debts is anyone's guess! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/clapping.gif[/img]

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    4 times
    Whether they paid off the Director's debts is anyone's guess!

Trust me, I know him, and they didn't.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    The director, Jake is my business partner - his new film EVIL ALIENS opens in Odeon cinemas across the UK today. Quite an acomplishment for a film costing only 280 grand. Razor Blade only cost 20 grand and also had a UK cinema release - the lowest budget film to ever play UK cinemas perhaps?

Evil Aliens

BBC: Interview with Jake West

He's is currently in Romania on pre-production for Pumpkinhead III.

Liked
    0 times
    (MarcMorris @ Mar 10 2006, 06:11 PM)

The director, Jake is my business partner - his new film EVIL ALIENS opens in Odeon cinemas across the UK today. Quite an acomplishment for a film costing only 280 grand. Razor Blade only cost 20 grand and also had a UK cinema release - the lowest budget film to ever play UK cinemas perhaps?

Evil Aliens

BBC: Interview with Jake West

He's is currently in Romania on pre-production for Pumpkinhead III.
    Excellent.

Razor Blade Smile picked up a number of fans amongst my fellow members of The Church Of Satan. In fact it was a Church Of Satan priest in Canada that told me about the film.

I've passed on that link for Evil Aliens to the above mentioned priest and to a whole bunch of Jake West fans in the church around the world.