Liked
    0 times
    Hi

The theme tune of this film pops in and and the out of my head every so often and most people I ask think the tune is familiar. The last time I saw it was probably in the late 60's early 70's on TV and all I can remember about it is that at the end of the film the boy is given a dog and he's happy. Maybe he had been mistreated and was adopted, I'm not sure. Then the theme tune starts up.

I've had a look through the A-Z and couldn't see anything obvious but I will have another dig as it's great going through the films I watched when I was a kid.

tia - Stirling

Senior Member Country: UK A Pemberton's Avatar
    Liked
    30 times
    Could it have been the tv series "Belle & Sebastian" about a boy and a dog, mid 60s/70s,I can always recall the first line (sung in french) along with Tvs "White Horses" Dont ask me why they stay in my memory though

I would sing it for you but people would complain............ [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Liked
    0 times
    I had a crush on Julia in The White Horses, but it wasn't Belle & Sebastion. I think the dog was a present at the end of this film. Thanks for reminding me of Julia. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    (Stirling @ Mar 12 2006, 09:14 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I had a crush on Julia in The White Horses, but it wasn't Belle & Sebastion. I think the dog was a present at the end of this film. Thanks for reminding me of Julia. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub.gif[/img]

[/b]

I have sad news for you...the actress Helga Anders, who played Julia, died of heart failure, very young, just 38....very cute she was, I remember her fondly too... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/no.gif[/img]