Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    7 times
    If the actor appearing in this ever becomes successful then you know where to look for an embarrassing clip for "Before They Were Famous". [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img]

Liked
    69 times
    I hate this commercial - it is in fact non-productive. I would avoid the company concerned,because the advert is crap and so amateur. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img]

Ta Ta

Marky B [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]-->
    (Marky B @ Mar 14 2006, 12:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I hate this commercial - it is in fact non-productive. I would avoid the company concerned,because the advert is crap and so amateur. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img]

Ta Ta

Marky B [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Quite right, Marky B [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img] Savvy companies understand that their commericals reflect the quality of their product and the company's professionalism, while others either don't have a clue or leave it too much to the decision of their agencies. I'm also put off by adverts that have little connection with the product being hawked or which focus too much on the style of the advert rather than the product they should be selling.

Best,

Barbara

Liked
    1 times
    I am well confused. As i understand it the idea of advertising is to broadcast the merits of your product and to get this product into the minds of as many people as possible.How is it then that even though the adverts are endlessly repeated I still cannot remember what they are trying to promote."Don't forget the fruitgums mum"and You'll wonder were the yellow went when you brush your teeth with Pepsident" left you in Know doubt what was being advertised. Must be getting old but those old b&w adds were certainly more potent than the ones we switch off nowadays

Liked
    3 times
    (thirdlady @ Mar 20 2006, 11:50 PM) [post=]Quoted post[/post]</div><div class='quotemain'>

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.gif[/img]--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marky B @ Mar 14 2006, 12:00 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Ta Ta

When that advert comes on I turn the sound down it's rubbish [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img]

[/b]

He reminds me of some loud mouth stranger in a pub in North Norfolk on a Friday night, trying to impress his weekender pals by talking very loudly and in a manner rather rude. The only reason he's not taken outside and beaten to a pulp is because on that very first night people have made allowances for him, but after an hour or so the compassion starts to wear thin. The landlord has a quiet word warning him to shut his neck, and humiliated but not deterred, he then starts slagging off the pub and the regulars therein, until someone takes it upon himself to drag him outside kicking and screaming and throw him into a crumpled heap into the muddy gutter, much to the delight of his embarassed friends. The following day he returns to Crouch End in the Audi TT vowing to put his Norfolk holiday cottage on the market!

Liked
    0 times
    I sometimes find the advert funny because it's so bad. It starts with a bad animation which looks likes a child's school project done on flash and then you witness some of the worst acting ever.

Was the actor in the ad Nicky Campbell from Watchdog and Wheel of Fortune?

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    (alexl @ Mar 26 2006, 05:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I sometimes find the advert funny because it's so bad. It starts with a bad animation which looks likes a child's school project done on flash and then you witness some of the worst acting ever.

Was the actor in the ad Nicky Campbell from Watchdog and Wheel of Fortune?

[/b]

No, he's even worse than Nicky Campbell....but I wouldn't be surprised if he was related [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/pyth.gif[/img]

Liked
    0 times
    The advertising idea is sound but the delivery is lame and childish, sure we all get confused and it would be nice to go to one site for conveniance to sort out the problems we have, however !!

Can you trust a company which promotes confusion to be less confusing than the rest? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I dont so Im confused [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] should I trust you or not, guess NOT [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img]

Liked
    69 times
    (Maltman @ Mar 26 2006, 11:15 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

The advertising idea is sound but the delivery is lame and childish, sure we all get confused and it would be nice to go to one site for conveniance to sort out the problems we have, however !!

Can you trust a company which promotes confusion to be less confusing than the rest? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I dont so Im confused [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] should I trust you or not, guess NOT [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img]

[/b]

Err,yeah [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ermm.gif[/img]

Ta Ta

Marky B [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Liked
    0 times
    It's just one of a number of Loan/Insurance Commercials that make your Teeth Itch

*Elephant.Com - is irritating and amateurish

*Sillit-Bang - this looks like a German ad dubbed into English

*That one with the Blue Phone that talks to you

*Phone Ring Tone Charts ( argggh )

The Prize for least sincere ad goes to

* The one were an adenoidal woman drones out the message that " Text A for Sexy Schoolgirl on your mobile" much in the manner of "All Till Busters to the Checkout". Anything LESS sexy would be hard to imagine.

Finally a Prize for "Out of Date Footage" goes to

* One of those late night Premium " Dial A Flirt" Adverts which patently uses footage from about 15 years ago. The woman in the Gym is flirting on a mobile phone the size of a House Brick!

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    (Johnny Rico @ Mar 27 2006, 12:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

*Sillit-Bang - this looks like a German ad dubbed into English

[/b]

There are a couple of ads on at the moment that I think were made in other languages - but I can't remember what they're advertising so they can't be very effective.

One game to play is to try to guess the original language by lip reading or translating what they say into different languages and seeing if it fits the mouth movements better.

e.g. when the child at the end obviously isn't really saying "Thanks Mum", could they be saying "Danke Mutti" or "Merci Maman"?

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    (alan gowdy @ Mar 13 2006, 10:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

If the actor appearing in this ever becomes successful then you know where to look for an embarrassing clip for "Before They Were Famous". [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbdown.gif[/img]

[/b]

Hi... Annoying and bad as this ad is, it has stimulated 10 posts in this forum alone, so in a way it has done its job. Remember this crazy frog, he went to number one proving that continual brainwashing can be a sucess no matter how bad the promotion is !!! I will always remember Walls sausages though, funny and painful when the dog bites the boyfriends ""sausage"

C/U The Worm.

Liked
    3 times
    (Johnny Rico @ Mar 27 2006, 12:57 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Finally a Prize for "Out of Date Footage" goes to

* One of those late night Premium " Dial A Flirt" Adverts which patently uses footage from about 15 years ago. The woman in the Gym is flirting on a mobile phone the size of a House Brick!

[/b]
    I noticed that one as well. At first I thought it was the gym's internal walkie talkie system or something similar. She wouldn't have to spend much time working out with weights if she's lugging that thing about with her, she must have a handbag the size of a mountaneer's rucksack!

The other M&M one oft repeated and despised is the scary ugly "sultry" blonde chatting on the 'phone and she looks like she has all the charisma of a Tesco checkout girl on a hot August Bank Holiday Monday, the looks of Vicky Pollard first thing in the morning, and the sex appeal of a drunken slapper throwing up in the street! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

Liked
    7 times
    (samkydd @ Mar 27 2006, 11:18 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

I noticed that one as well. At first I thought it was the gym's internal walkie talkie system or something similar. She wouldn't have to spend much time working out with weights if she's lugging that thing about with her, she must have a handbag the size of a mountaneer's rucksack!

The other M&M one oft repeated and despised is the scary ugly "sultry" blonde chatting on the 'phone and she looks like she has all the charisma of a Tesco checkout girl on a hot August Bank Holiday Monday, the looks of Vicky Pollard first thing in the morning, and the sex appeal of a drunken slapper throwing up in the street! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

[/b]
    M&M ad-breaks often have half a dozen of these sad-loser-targeted chat line ads back-to-back.

Liked
    0 times
    M & M - the Channel where you can watch

* A sweaty Bloke squeeze into Cars and break the suspension , prior to writing all over the windscreen in silver felt tip. His female co-presenter has all the enthusiasm of someone who was Blackmailed into the Job.

{ if you missed it it will be on again in about 2 hours }

* Another Chap who looks at cars at a car auction, then tries to get a Punter interested. Many Punters have been hit with a sandbag prior to filming judging by their Glassy expressions. The occasional live ones are couples who mouth " You're NOT having that ****ing car!" at each other.

This Chap would like to write on the windscreen but the Budget doesnt stretch to a silver felt tip.

* Angry Cops take no nonsense from anyone as they beat up crooks , knock back paralysing amounts of Watneys Red Barrel, beat up each other then go home to some scrubber! SHUT IT!

* Angry Cops shouting " Cover me" as they slide about on Car Bonnets, Shoot Crooks and Lefties, then go home to some scrubber!

Hmm, John Logie Baird would just love it!

Liked
    7 times
    (Johnny Rico @ Mar 28 2006, 09:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

* A sweaty Bloke squeeze into Cars and break the suspension , prior to writing all over the windscreen in silver felt tip. His female co-presenter has all the enthusiasm of someone who was Blackmailed into the Job.

* Another Chap who looks at cars at a car auction, then tries to get a Punter interested. Many Punters have been hit with a sandbag prior to filming judging by their Glassy expressions. The occasional live ones are couples who mouth " You're NOT having that ****ing car!" at each other.

This Chap would like to write on the windscreen but the Budget doesnt stretch to a silver felt tip.

* Angry Cops take no nonsense from anyone as they beat up crooks , knock back paralysing amounts of Watneys Red Barrel, beat up each other then go home to some scrubber! SHUT IT!

* Angry Cops shouting " Cover me" as they slide about on Car Bonnets, Shoot Crooks and Lefties, then go home to some scrubber!

Hmm, John Logie Baird would just love it!

[/b]

Sadly I do sometimes find myself watching the shows so neatly parodied here. It's usually after scrolling fruitlessly through pages and pages of things I find of absolutely no interest to me on my Sky menu.

Liked
    3 times
    (Johnny Rico @ Mar 28 2006, 09:10 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
    That fat pseudo Jack-the-Lad prat knows nothing about cars, he's imbecilic. He fixed some poor sucker up with a 20 year old Mini the other week which had more filler than a two part episode of Dalziel and Pascoe, it looked like a pile of kack, 12 different shades of ice blue paint, about 10 minutes MoT left, and the new owner was about 6' 4"! He paid the princely sum of £925 for a car that was worth at most, £125 if you were feeling overly generous! I gave up watching Used Car Roadshow because he's just so annoyingly bad, and if he's in 'The Trade' then I'm a Dutch man .................for sure!