Thread: 80's Tv Sitcom

Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone, can anyone remember an 80's tv show involving two men in their late teens getting into hilarious situations on the Isle of Dogs. I think it was itv's answer to Tuckers Luck. One of the actors involved played the dad in a family sitcom on itv but i cant remember the title of that either. The other actor pops up in tv shows from time to time and also in adverts. Do you have any idea if this series is available on dvd as i would dearly like to watch it again if only to see 'The Dogs' as it was in the 80's.

Thanks in advance Kev.

Liked
    0 times
    (Kev @ Mar 24 2006, 10:34 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Hi everyone, can anyone remember an 80's tv show involving two men in their late teens getting into hilarious situations on the Isle of Dogs. I think it was itv's answer to Tuckers Luck. One of the actors involved played the dad in a family sitcom on itv but i cant remember the title of that either. The other actor pops up in tv shows from time to time and also in adverts. Do you have any idea if this series is available on dvd as i would dearly like to watch it again if only to see 'The Dogs' as it was in the 80's.

Thanks in advance Kev.

[/b]

Prospects. 1986

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    4 times
    It was an excellent show. Was the dad in it played by Shaun Curry? I can't remember. I do remember the cheesy white-boy-soul theme tune, though, sounding a bit like Chris Farlowe, that started with 'In thur cityyy, awn thur streeets...' and so forth. I seem to remember it being quite drama based in some parts as well, because at the end of Series 2 I think they both went to prison. Was there ever a series 3?

Liked
    0 times
    Prospects was an absolutely superb series and starred the late Gary Olsen (who later played the father in 2 point 4 children) and Brian Bovell. It was made by Euston Films for Channel 4 and was very similar to Minder. It was more of a comdey drama than a sitcom.

There was only one series of 12 episodes and sadly has never been officially released on dvd.

I was lucky enough to recently get a dvd of the complete series that someone had sourced from Australian? tv and it was every bit as good as I had remembered.