Thread: Kidnapped

Liked
    0 times
    One of the most beautiful films I've ever seen is 1971's Kidnapped, starring Michael Caine.

It was so good, in fact, that I went out and read the books the film was based on: Kidnapped and Catriona (its sequel).

Beautiful music, too, from the late Roy Budd.

INTERESTING FACT:

This is the only film Caine worked on that he didn't get paid for: the production company ran out of money before the film was finished. It's still a sore point with him, so - if you ever get to meet him - DON'T mention it.

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    (djdave @ Apr 4 2006, 06:20 PM)

One of the most beautiful films I've ever seen is 1971's Kidnapped, starring Michael Caine.

It was so good, in fact, that I went out and read the books the film was based on: Kidnapped and Catriona (its sequel).

Beautiful music, too, from the late Roy Budd.

INTERESTING FACT:

This is the only film Caine worked on that he didn't get paid for: the production company ran out of money before the film was finished. It's still a sore point with him, so - if you ever get to meet him - DON'T mention it.
    Thanks for this, Dave. I admit I never knew that Caine was in Kidnapped. Based on your comments, I'll have a look. I grew up enjoying that book along with Robinson Crusoe but have yet to see a film of RC that I thought completely captured the inherent fascination in watching a shipwrecked man survive through his own resourceful nature. Dan O'Herlihy's portrayal came close; perhaps it's the difficulty of sustaining interest in one man on camera 3/4 of the film until Friday shows up, but that's late in the week.

Best,

Barbara