Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    Found on ZETA MINOR, a link to REPLAY DVD - a 'fan' who's financed his own pressing. See the site for more details...

Suggest a series for release to Replay

We all have those pet projects we'd love to see on DVD ; now REPLAY are asking what we want - get your thinking caps on and reply to the Suggestion Box.

SMUDGE

Liked
    114 times

Doing a bit of interplanet travelling
    Indeed, but not far - been difficult enough of late just getting here....

SMUDGE

Liked
    114 times

Do you have that missfire problem again
    Nah - I just need a TARDIS.

It's all to do with time.....

SMUDGE

Liked
    114 times
    Mrs Smudge WISHES ! Then she wouldn't see my stuff everywhere else !

SMUDGE

Liked
    0 times
    Someone on another forum sent them a letter and they effectively said "unless you buy a copy of what we've released now, we won't listen to a word you say". And I'd hazard a guess not afterwards, either. It's a nice idea but I doubt if they'll release anything decent.

Senior Member Country: Albania
    Liked
    0 times
    name='Famous Mortimer']It's a nice idea but I doubt if they'll release anything decent.

So do I, because they'll have to licence it from a third party - and if it's any good the actual rightsholder will doubtless want to do it themselves.

How does it work, anyway? Do people vote and they then try to get the rights? And if they can't, do they move on to the number two suggestion, and so on until they strike lucky?

(I saw a much more practical variant on this with a US DVD label - Anchor Bay, I think - who posted a list of all the titles that they actually had the rights to but which they hadn't released on DVD yet, and invited people to vote for a top five. Mind you, it was hard to find five titles I even recognised, let alone five I wanted to buy, as they were unbelievably obscure - I suspect they ended up with the rights as a side-effect of package deals when chasing something better known)

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    In days gone-by some of us used to fork �25+ for a short film on SUPER8 m/m still available today. But then u could buy colour cinema shorts from look at life/pathenews/pathe pictorials and those brilliant productions "britishmovietonews" remember intro started with a revoving globe of events with tickertape music.Titles such as, 1974 powerboat race pinewood studios etc

yet still available though cine projectors not been made since the 80`s from derann.co.uk

for more ideas check out this site,c what could come to the shiney disc format.