Liked
    0 times
    Hi there,

My first posting here so please be gentle with me...

In the 1960's, I remember going to the cinema with my parents and I am absolutely certain that I saw Cliff Richard riding a motor scooter (Lambretta I think) with a young lady on the pillion.

Anyway, it was a humerous moment as he was making out he was having trouble controlling the machine when suddenly the handlebar of the scooter comes away in his hands.....shock horror from both Cliff and the passenger but he manages to get it back on and all was well.

I cannot remember if he was singing at the time....I seem to recal that it was in colour but not 100% on that part..

Later in life when most of Cliff's films made it to the small screen (TV)....I eagerly watched them all but so far have not seen the clip that I remember in any of them. Have the TV versions been clipped to fit schedules etc I wondered.

Then when the Young Ones/Summer Holiday/Wonderful Life Trilogy was released on DVD, I felt confident that I should see this Scooter gag again at last.....but no....it has so far eluded me.

So over to the Guru's on this site....have I imagined the Scooter thing?...did it really happen?.....If so what film was it...I should love to know..

Thanks for your time.

Bridon (Dorset UK)

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    (Bridon @ Jun 3 2006, 07:43 PM)

Hi there,

My first posting here so please be gentle with me....

In the 1960's, I remember going to the cinema with my parents and I am absolutely certain that I saw Cliff Richard riding a motor scooter (Lambretta I think) with a young lady on the pillion.

Anyway, it was a humerous moment as he was making out he was having trouble controlling the machine when suddenly the handlebar of the scooter comes away in his hands.....shock horror from both Cliff and the passenger but he manages to get it back on and all was well.

I cannot remember if he was singing at the time....I seem to recal that it was in colour but not 100% on that part..

Later in life when most of Cliff's films made it to the small screen (TV)....I eagerly watched them all but so far have not seen the clip that I remember in any of them. Have the TV versions been clipped to fit schedules etc I wondered.

Then when the Young Ones/Summer Holiday/Wonderful Life Trilogy was released on DVD, I felt confident that I should see this Scooter gag again at last.....but no....it has so far eluded me..

So over to the Guru's on this site....have I imagined the Scooter thing?...did it really happen?.....If so what film was it...I should love to know..

Thanks for your time.

Bridon (Dorset UK)
    Hello & welcome Bridon (Dorset UK)

Might it not have been a feature film but a promotional short to advertise a particular song? Musicians have been making those for almost as long as there has been sound film available. A sort of early "Pop video" that was shown in the cinema as a filler between other items.

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    You could well be right there Steve......it was such a long time ago now....the memory banks not being as they were I guess...
    Regards.

Bridon (Dorset UK)

PS Thanks for the welcome too BTW.

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Bridon,

One Cliff Richard musical you didn't mention was 'Finders Keepers' (1966).

Could the scene you remember have been from this film?

Cheers

Dave.

Senior Member Country: United States theuofc's Avatar
    Liked
    399 times
    (Bridon @ Jun 3 2006, 06:43 PM)

....In the 1960's, I remember going to the cinema with my parents and I am absolutely certain that I saw Cliff Richard riding a motor scooter (Lambretta I think) with a young lady on the pillion.

Anyway, it was a humerous moment as he was making out he was having trouble controlling the machine when suddenly the handlebar of the scooter comes away in his hands.....shock horror from both Cliff and the passenger but he manages to get it back on and all was well....

Bridon (Dorset UK)
    Hello and welcome, Bridon,

Not to worry. You'll like it here. It's a very cordial group.

Have you also tried posting your question on the various Cliff Richard fan sites? If anyone will know and have seen all of his work, his fans will. His official site doesn't yet have a discussion forum, but the fan sites do. I'll wager that once you post your question, you'll have a fan answering in hours.

Good luck to you,

Barbara

Senior Member Country: Scotland julian_craster's Avatar
    Liked
    103 times
    Perhaps Cliff did a cinema commercial for scooters ......vespas or lambrettas.....

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    (julian_craster @ Jun 5 2006, 01:06 PM)

Perhaps Cliff did a cinema commercial for scooters ......vespas or lambrettas.....
    Not much of a commercial if it shows the steering going wrong and the handlebars coming off.

Steve