Member Country: Canada
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried this question some time ago with no luck . Thought I,d try on the new site. I saw this on Brit. T.V in the 50s. A man has a necklace which he gives to his wives when he puts it on them as a gift , it strangles them and he then goes on to the next wife ( I,m assuming for money ). I have this enduring childhood memory of the scene , the wife is sitting at a dressing table and he is behind her putting it on for her . HELP!!!

Liked
    151 times
    The only scene that springs to mind The Haunted Mirror segment from Dead of Night.

Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for info. I don,t know the plot of Dead Of Night , does it involve a strangling necklace which a man gives to consecutive wives ? Is there a site where you can check out movie plots does any one know ?Annette

Liked
    151 times
    name='ANNETTE MASTERS']Thanks for info. I don,t know the plot of Dead Of Night , does it involve a strangling necklace which a man gives to consecutive wives ? Is there a site where you can check out movie plots does any one know ?Annette

Rather than consecutive wives it's the owners of a Haunted Mirror. I'll include a still which might help you decide.

Liked
    0 times
    No definitely not it , but thanks for the try !! The image of the mirror and the necklace being given is in a more romantic looking scene , untill the necklace starts to strangle upon being placed upon the neck !! Annette

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='ANNETTE MASTERS']No definitely not it , but thanks for the try !! The image of the mirror and the necklace being given is in a more romantic looking scene , untill the necklace starts to strangle upon being placed upon the neck !! Annette

Ah, so does the necklace strangles the wife while the husband isn't there? Or is he doing it?

Steve

Liked
    0 times
    Hi Steve . It,s the usual romance scene of the husband standing behind his wife , placing the necklace around her neck and doing up the clasp . When he has finished doing that he watches as the necklace gradually becomes tighter and tighter on the wifes neck , and you see the horrified face of her as this slowly happens and she dies. I was only a child when I saw this , and I was terrified of my mums necklaces for ages afterwards !!!

Liked
    0 times
    It sounds like an episode of the supernatural series `One step beyond` called `the inheritance` here`s a description
    All the money and a beautiful diamond necklace are bequeathed to the servant. Fast-forward a few weeks and the newly rich young lady tries to seduce the miserable ex-kept man. But then she too falls down dead, the necklace seeming to strangler her. Glad to have the jewels for himself, the letch gives the bauble to his Mexican babe. But as she puts it on, she too is choked. Turns out the necklace is cursed and no one will be able to wear it and live to tell about it.

Regards,

-c-

EDIT - Here`s the site with a full review DVD Verdict Review - One Step Beyond