Liked
    0 times
    I am trying to find a recording of any kind, of a BBC series called Perils of Pendragon. It was transmitted in 1974 on BBC2. Kenneth Griffith who starred in it, died a couple of weeks ago and I would like to find something because he was so brilliant in it - quite unique in a way that only Kenneth could be. He was a joy to work with - he always brought something fresh to the take, which in turn gave that scene an extra sparkle, Ken couldn't abide repetition.

I know that the BBC wiped it soon after so it has never been shown since despite the universal praise heaped on it. Peter Draper was the writer that gave us the tools to be good - he too deserves a chance to see it again. So if anyone has a domestic recording, if anyone abroad transmitted the series then there maybe something, somewhere.

You can contact me on....john@johnclive.net Thank you....JC

Super Moderator Country: Fiji
    Liked
    114 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John Clive
    I am trying to find a recording of any kind, of a BBC series called Perils of Pendragon. It was transmitted in 1974 on BBC2. Kenneth Griffith who starred in it, died a couple of weeks ago and I would like to find something because he was so brilliant in it - quite unique in a way that only Kenneth could be. He was a joy to work with - he always brought something fresh to the take, which in turn gave that scene an extra sparkle, Ken couldn't abide repetition.

I know that the BBC wiped it soon after so it has never been shown since despite the universal praise heaped on it. Peter Draper was the writer that gave us the tools to be good - he too deserves a chance to see it again. So if anyone has a domestic recording, if anyone abroad transmitted the series then there maybe something, somewhere.

You can contact me on....john@johnclive.net Thank you....JC

Hello John -

And welcome to the board ! I have sent you a private message on Pendragon with a couple of addresses you might try.

Regards,

Smudge