Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I saw this still with Trevor Howard in, and it's bugging me, because I don't know the name of the film. Who's that woman in the right? What's up with Howard? A picture says a 1000 words, and this one says a lot. Anyone know what film it's from?

Liked
    151 times
    name='Quiller'] Who's that woman in the right?

Was thinking that myself. Looks like an extra from a 70s Bond film. I've this nagging doubt that I should recognise her.

Liked
    0 times
    She can serve me tea anytime.

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    Could it be from this? Albino (1976)

Liked
    0 times
    penfold, I'm astounded. I think you're right. How did you do it? I clicked on the name of the first acrtress in the cast list, Sybil Danning, and it indeed looks like her.

It astounds me that there are so many forgotten films from the seventies that are rarely seen nowadays. It's quite unsettling, really, because what's going to happen to these films? Will they rot in the archives? Are they lost? Will they just become memories for the few that have seen them?

I'm tempted to start a website on 100 rare seventies films. I think I'll start a thread on this. lol, I could do with a hobby.

Super Moderator Country: England
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiller
    penfold, I'm astounded. I think you're right. How did you do it? I clicked on the name of the first acrtress in the cast list, Sybil Danning, and it indeed looks like her.

Process of elimination...go through the Trevor Howard list on imdb...ignore anything outside of 1965-1980, eliminate period dress films, and those I've seen, and look for those set in a hot climate....Africa, or India...and it doesn't leave much...I have no idea if I'm right, but it's a candidate.

Liked
    0 times
    wow, well it looks like Sybil Danning, so I think you're spot on there.

Liked
    0 times
    What a fine actor Trevor Howard was. Do not think I saw this movie.

Liked
    0 times
    Like many of you, I recognise the girl although don't know her name, My Dad will, though, since he accompanied Howard on nearly all of his movie locations.

The two of 'em were old pals, both serving together in WW2. In fact, Howard had written into all of his movie contract two never changing clauses. The first was that wherever he went he had to have a dozen cases ( 12 bottles each) of Worthington "White Shield" bottled beer, and the second was that Old Man had to accompany him as "Steward of the White Shield" ( it was a very sensitive and temperamental beer and had to be laid and settled at the right temperature and served very carefully ! In fact, it was because of this friendship that my Mother divorced Pa and cited his adultery with Sophia Loren as grounds ! Back in the early 60's Howard was making a movie with Loren called "The Key" and directed by Carol Reed. It also starred Bill Holden. Throughout the whole movie period that the movie was being made, Carol Reed, Holden and Howard were trying to get Sophia into bed but none of 'em scored. This was because she initially pretended to be dating my Pop, and then they actually went on to have an affair which put paid to my parents marriage. At the time I never believed it until one Sunday Howard and my Dad came down to visit my brother and I at boarding school. Howard had bough a brand new car the day before ( I think it was either an Alvis or a Bristol ) and wanted to give the car a run. We were all sitting in a pub beer garden and Howard was really miserable. " Come on, Trevor, why are you looking so fed up " said my Dad - " You have get a wonderful car, a brilliant film career, a lovely house and a beautiful wife !" "Yeah" replied Howard, "You can smile, you lucky bugger, but I didn't get to f--k Sophia Loren ! "

Cheers,

Beershark

Senior Member Country: UK Moor Larkin's Avatar
    Liked
    120 times
    name='steve lyden brown']Like many of you, I recognise the girl although don't know her name, My Dad will, though, since he accompanied Howard on nearly all of his movie locations.

The two of 'em were old pals, both serving together in WW2. In fact, Howard had written into all of his movie contract two never changing clauses. The first was that wherever he went he had to have a dozen cases ( 12 bottles each) of Worthington "White Shield" bottled beer, and the second was that Old Man had to accompany him as "Steward of the White Shield"

There are varied stories of Trevor Howard being at Portmeirion with McGoohan to film the "Dance of the Dead" episode. His role as a Number 2 was eventually taken instead by Mary Morris for reasons not necessarily known.

In the brochure for the Royal Film, Mary Queen of Scots (1971/2) there is a small off-set photo of Patrick McGoohan and Trevor Howard together. The body language of their pose suggests both to be very comfortable with the other. Trevor Howard sports a beanie-hat!.......

Senior Member Country: United States
    Liked
    0 times
    I originally thought "Jacqueline Bisset" with her Dyan Cannon hair, but my husband walks past and says, "No, not Bisset. Even when she's not wearing a wet t-shirt, I can recognize her."

I didn't pick up his other obtuse reference to werewolf teeth quick enough.

Senior Member Country: Australia
    Liked
    1 times
    name='steve lyden brown']Like many of you, I recognise the girl although don't know her name, My Dad will, though, since he accompanied Howard on nearly all of his movie locations.

The two of 'em were old pals, both serving together in WW2. In fact, Howard had written into all of his movie contract two never changing clauses. The first was that wherever he went he had to have a dozen cases ( 12 bottles each) of Worthington "White Shield" bottled beer, and the second was that Old Man had to accompany him as "Steward of the White Shield" ( it was a very sensitive and temperamental beer and had to be laid and settled at the right temperature and served very carefully ! In fact, it was because of this friendship that my Mother divorced Pa and cited his adultery with Sophia Loren as grounds ! Back in the early 60's Howard was making a movie with Loren called "The Key" and directed by Carol Reed. It also starred Bill Holden. Throughout the whole movie period that the movie was being made, Carol Reed, Holden and Howard were trying to get Sophia into bed but none of 'em scored. This was because she initially pretended to be dating my Pop, and then they actually went on to have an affair which put paid to my parents marriage. At the time I never believed it until one Sunday Howard and my Dad came down to visit my brother and I at boarding school. Howard had bough a brand new car the day before ( I think it was either an Alvis or a Bristol ) and wanted to give the car a run. We were all sitting in a pub beer garden and Howard was really miserable. " Come on, Trevor, why are you looking so fed up " said my Dad - " You have get a wonderful car, a brilliant film career, a lovely house and a beautiful wife !" "Yeah" replied Howard, "You can smile, you lucky bugger, but I didn't get to f--k Sophia Loren ! "

Cheers,

Beershark

Lucky bugger indeed.

Great story Steve. You must have heard many in your time - please share.

Sophia Loren married Carlo Ponti in 1957 and 'The Key' was released in 1958, so it seems from your story that Sophia got over her marriage vows very quickly.

Cheers

Dave.