Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: George Formby

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Pastry Time's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    name='aphra']So many fans, so few can spell... Sorry, but once a sub-editor, always a sub-editor!

Not complaining but would ask for a little tolerance here re spelling. Some people just may have a Neurological disability which can affect things such as keyboard or the ability to process words. I myself suffer from Complex Epilepsy and know just how it feels when someone points out �EE you can�t spell�. I would not wish my own complaint on anyone and I expect others who have medical problems might just say the same.

Thanks.

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Pastry Time's Avatar
    Liked
    4 times
    name='square-eyes']Still looking for the Formby Collectors Lot (and other editions of collectors Lot that has subjects that interest me) plus any Formby Max Miller stuff I havent already got if anyone has any..I have one of the largest collections of tv shows on all manner of subjects in Christendom so contact me via a pm if you have a list and I will reply with my email address

My Dads the bloke for Max Miller as I think he did them on Betamax when the were broadcast. If you like I will ask when we next speak. PM me a list what you are after matey. I do have the Gary Marsh and also one of Formbys home movies somewhere I think.

Best wishes.

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    I am looking for George Formby Documentaries and TV Appearances i have got The South Bank Show Episode on George Formby and several other titles and i am very interested in obtaining any other Documentaries and TV Appearances.

Any help would be appreciated.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    I have this Formby TV Show if it helps:-

George Formby: The Friday Show (BBC 1960) George's farewell solo TV show, BBC, 13th December 1960.

Senior Member Country: England billy farmer's Avatar
    Liked
    308 times
    I am still looking for George Formby titles - Documentaries, TV Appearances etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    2 times
    Does anyone have the 1959 TV Show ATLANTIC SHOWBOAT: http://tinyurl.com/lm5wab

Saturday Spectacular: The Atlantic Showboat (ATV 1959) Hughie Green hosts this variety show onboard the new pleasure-cruiser "The Empress Of Britain" as she sails from Liverpool via Scotland to Montreal. On board to entertain us are guests George Formby, Shirley Bassey, David Whitfield, Duke Ellington, Lionel Blair and Jackie Rae. Broadcast on ITV on 10th January 1959.

I have George's 1957 TV Show TOP OF THE BILL: BFI | Film & TV Database | TOP OF THE BILL[05/10/57] (1957) plus a few more of his rare appearances, but I'd really like to see Atlantic Showboat (I know that this programme definitely survives). Many thanks.

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='crunchie']Does anyone have the 1959 TV Show ATLANTIC SHOWBOAT: http://tinyurl.com/lm5wab

Saturday Spectacular: The Atlantic Showboat (ATV 1959) Hughie Green hosts this variety show onboard the new pleasure-cruiser "The Empress Of Britain" as she sails from Liverpool via Scotland to Montreal. On board to entertain us are guests George Formby, Shirley Bassey, David Whitfield, Duke Ellington, Lionel Blair and Jackie Rae. Broadcast on ITV on 10th January 1959.

I have George's 1957 TV Show TOP OF THE BILL: BFI | Film & TV Database | TOP OF THE BILL[05/10/57] (1957) plus a few more of his rare appearances, but I'd really like to see Atlantic Showboat (I know that this programme definitely survives). Many thanks.

The Formby clip was, I think, shown at the NFT's Missing Believed Wiped a few years ago. Can't remember whether it was something the BFI owned though,

Senior Member Country: UK Mr Sloane's Avatar
    Liked
    239 times
    name='CaptainWaggett']The Formby clip was, I think, shown at the NFT's Missing Believed Wiped a few years ago. Can't remember whether it was something the BFI owned though,

Was that the on the Wisdom/Formby double bill you went to

Senior Member Country: UK CaptainWaggett's Avatar
    Liked
    492 times
    name='Mr Sloane']Was that the on the Wisdom/Formby double bill you went to

You know me so well - I think they had some Frank Randle too

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12