Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    6 times
    Trying to track down SYMPTOMS, 1970's horror movie starring Angela Pleasance and Peter Vaughn. Out on DVD or can anyone help?

Lots to trade or happy to cover costs.

Thanks in advance

Sippog

Liked
    0 times
    I have it - get in touch.

Liked
    0 times
    I have a direct off air copy.

Liked
    6 times
    Three people have made offers to me for this film - and one seems to have extracted a free film from me (his first and last) - but nobody has actually followed through.

So I'm still looking - if anybody has a copy to trade . . . ?

Thanks

Sippog

Liked
    0 times
    Can i help SIPPOG.

i do have a video recording

Laura1

Liked
    0 times
    name='sippog']Three people have made offers to me for this film - and one seems to have extracted a free film from me (his first and last) - but nobody has actually followed through.

Thanks

Sippog

I have this one mate Symptoms 1974 dir: Jose Larraz just PM me if you still have had no luck!

cy

Liked
    0 times
    name='sippog']Three people have made offers to me for this film - and one seems to have extracted a free film from me (his first and last) - but nobody has actually followed through.

Thanks

Sippog

It's unfortunate Sippog, but some folk are only on the site to make money - happily, they are few and far between so, caveat emptor - buyer beware!

Personally, I have not seen the film, but good luck in your search.

Liked
    4 times
    I'm sure MarcMorris is very sincere and wouldn't rip anyone off, so try chasing him up and I'm sure he'll provide you with one. My copy is pants, so I'll probably get one from him soon as well. Next time I'm in Londononium, Marc!! Beerage!!

SYMPTOMS is one of the greatest horror films ever made- I hope you get to see it soon.

Liked
    6 times
    name='Jack Gurney']I'm sure MarcMorris is very sincere and wouldn't rip anyone off, so try chasing him up and I'm sure he'll provide you with one. My copy is pants, so I'll probably get one from him soon as well. Next time I'm in Londononium, Marc!! Beerage!!

SYMPTOMS is one of the greatest horror films ever made- I hope you get to see it soon.

Thanks Jack and Jim for your commiserations. I did get a copy eventually and the culprit who failed to reciprocate was a fly by night who hasn't been back since.

It's made me warier about helping new members which is a pity. I've made some very good trading contacts through the forum but it surprises me how some people don't realise that it involves building up trust and a friendly relationship. Being taciturn or terse to the point of rudeness wont get you anywhere. It's also undiplomatic and unwise to be dismissive about other people's interests. Yet I've had this from more than one would-be trader in the past.

My policy is to trade whenever a trade is possible. It's a small investment after all. The person who may have something that's only mildly interesting today, may have something VERY interesting to you at a later date.

Seems to have worked so far

Liked
    4 times
    Absolitely- I myself have been in a similar situation this last year, whereby I have promised to do several trades with several people, mainly of copies of one film funnily enough, but haven't been able to get round to it yet due to various difficulties. I wouldn't want anyone to think of me as a rip off merchant, but sometimes things can be difficult at either end of a trade.

Glad you got sorted.

Liked
    0 times
    name='sippog']

My policy is to trade whenever a trade is possible. It's a small investment after all. The person who may have something that's only mildly interesting today, may have something VERY interesting to you at a later date.

Couldn't agree more with this one. Some films i would never have layed my hands on if it wasn't for those little trades. Also even though i've only been here a short time i've done some fantastic trades with others and haven't been let down once!

Member Country: UK
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, is anyones copy really nice and crisp. I have a copy from someone i got years ago and its very blurry and the sound is muffled. I LOVE this film, I just love the scenery and the leaves, and the water, and the clock ticking and the fire crackling, and the music.........

I don't really have anything available to trade as I can't duplicate but willing to cover costs etc......

Senior Member Country: Scotland
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a pretty good VHS of it. I can check the quality to be sure if you like.

Liked
    0 times
    name='benchcluttocks']Hi, is anyones copy really nice and crisp. I have a copy from someone i got years ago and its very blurry and the sound is muffled.

I have a nice print of this wouldn't call it 'crisp' but just put it on the plasma and looked good. If your looking for a dvd quality print i think it may be a long wait. Anyway if intrested i can sort out a dvdr for you just PM me.

cy

Senior Member Country: England phil's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times
    To be released April 18th bluray/dvd , BFI.

Liked
    0 times
    perhaps they (the BFI) will get round to releasing some of his more obscurer work (as in Jose Ramon Larraz)

Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    To be released April 18th bluray/dvd , BFI.
    With a screening at the BFI on the 13th + later in the month Larraz's Vampyres !

Senior Member Country: UK agutterfan's Avatar
    Liked
    57 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Quentin C View Post
    With a screening at the BFI on the 13th + later in the month Larraz's Vampyres !
    Vampyres has been available uncut on DVD for some time.