Thread: The Gay Dog

Liked
    0 times
    I am looking for a copy of "The Gay Dog". produced in 1954 starring Wilfred Pickels and Petula Clark.

My brother, 3 friends and I were extras in the movie when we were children.

Senior Member Country: UK aphra's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times
    name='sawtoothmill']I am looking for a copy of "The Gay Dog". produced in 1954 starring Wilfred Pickels and Petula Clark.

My brother, 3 friends and I were extras in the movie when we were children.

THE GAY DOG is on the Performance Channel this coming week. If you do not have Sky, then send me an e-mail and I can perhaps record it for you.

Senior Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    WOW SAWTOOTHMILL !!! Quote: "My brother, 3 friends and I were extras in the movie"

- Tell us more , please

Liked
    0 times
    My family lived next door to the entance of Southall Studios until 1956, and my brother and I were used in many films as the (background kids). We were in Child's Play with P.C. 49, and there is a scene where we are all running away from a building that is about to blow. Those years were a lot of fun.

Liked
    0 times
    Thank you, but I am afraid that the British tapes won't play in the USA. DVD's work but not tapes.

I hope you enjoy the movie. I think it is a classic. Petula Clark is appearing in a show close to my home here, Branson, Missouri, and I am going to go and see her, and take my signed picture of me with Wilfred Pickles. I hope it brings back good memories for her.

Senior Member Country: UK Brief Encounter's Avatar
    Liked
    10 times
    Southall? You mean it wasn't all filmed in Yorkshire?

I am sure you will enjoy seeing Petula live but... "I hope it brings back good memories for her"! It won't I'm afraid. She recently revealed to me that she HATED working on this film. Due to Wilfred Pickles' wife clockwatching to make sure Petula didn't get more screen time than Wilfred. Mabel was a nightmare apparently. Shades of Beryl Formby there.