Liked
    0 times
    This good lady is my mother (1912-1995) and she appeared briefly in the 1937 version of "The Black Tulip" (see a previous posting). Her main work was on the stage between 1935 and 1939. She then went into film and sound editing and worked with some of the major U.K. studios until the early/mid 1950s when she joined the BBC.

It is my understanding she used the Dagmar name only on the stage, but I could be wrong. Can anyone help me find out more about her film work as a technician?

Chris Duff

Administrator Country: Wales Steve Crook's Avatar
    Liked
    418 times
    name='chrisduff']This good lady is my mother (1912-1995) and she appeared briefly in the 1937 version of "The Black Tulip" (see a previous posting). Her main work was on the stage between 1935 and 1939. She then went into film and sound editing and worked with some of the major U.K. studios until the early/mid 1950s when she joined the BBC.

It is my understanding she used the Dagmar name only on the stage, but I could be wrong. Can anyone help me find out more about her film work as a technician?

Chris Duff

She has a credit on the IMDb as an assistant editor on Blood Orange (1953).

It doesn't list her as being in The Black Tulip but if she didn't get an on-screen credit that's not suprising. If you want, you can add whatever information you know about her to the IMDb. That's a good central repositary of information about film and records quite a lot about people's stage work as well (under "Other Work")

Steve