Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked
    0 times
    Not officially, no.

Incidentally, (and I'm really fascinated to know why), you used "r" instead of "are" - I assume abbreviations are used these days to speed things up (why I don't know - are mere seconds of your life so precious?). When I typed "are" the three letters took, at most, one second to type.

I think it is a very lazy way to communicate.

Senior Member Country: Great Britain
    Liked
    0 times
    I must admit, the lazy attitude towards to the English language displayed by some people is something that is irking me the older I get. Grumpy old man and all that...

My pet hate = 'should of' instead of 'should have'.

Liked
    0 times
    Language forms the fundamental fabric of a society, enabling clear communication between members of that society. Any erosion of that fabric, would tend to erode the society.

Member Country: England
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought the Scotland Yard series on 6 DVD-Rs. It was very nicly packaged, and post free. It cost me �29. It is sold by Media Classics, who also sell other crime classics such as trhe Edgar Wallace Mysteries. They say they have the permission of the copyright holder to produce them. The service was very quick, and I am very happy. As someone said, these are off-TV recordings.

Senior Member Country: Tokelau
    Liked
    0 times
    name='nanduthalange']

It is sold by Media Classics, who also sell other crime classics such as trhe Edgar Wallace Mysteries. They say they have the permission of the copyright holder to produce them.

Cobblers!!

These are ILLEGAL bootlegs, and certainly DO NOT have the copyright holder's permission.

This kind of 'official sounding guff' is often put on pirated material offered on eBay.

Do not be fooled by any of it ladies and gentlemen...

Super Moderator Country: UK batman's Avatar
    Liked
    255 times
    name='Modular']Cobblers!!

How do you know it's cobblers? Are you a representative of Canal Plus UK or The Kruger Organisation, the company Media Classics claim gave them permission to sell this stuff?

Bats.

Liked
    0 times
    name='batman']

How do you know it's cobblers? Are you a representative of Canal Plus UK or The Kruger Organisation, the company Media Classics claim gave them permission to sell this stuff?

Oh, for goodness sake man!

Just look at the website and work it out for yourself. They admit to having "on screen logos". Now then, where do you think those logos come from? Wouldn't be from a �ripped broadcast� by any chance...

Oh, and by the way... copyright owners don't just "give permission". They LICENCE. Have a chat sometime to one of the legitimate companies like Optimum or Network. I�m sure they�ll explain it to you much better than I could.

I reiterate; the titles Media Classics are offering for sale are nothing but ILLEGAL BOOTLEGS. And I'd challenge them (or indeed anyone else for that matter) to sue the pants off me through the courts if they can prove otherwise.

Honestly, some people are so gullible...

Liked
    255 times
    name='Modular']Oh, for goodness sake man!

Honestly, some people are so gullible...

And you are very rude.

Nanduthalange postedwhat he/she thought was a helpful piece of information and you rudely shouted he/she down.

My question was posted as a rebuke to you for being so rude by 'shouting' and being so aggressively opinionated.

I am far from gullible .... I realised from looking at the site that these were probably bootlegs .... I just wanted you to explain how you gained the 'expert knowledge' which you obviously feel gives you the right to belittle others.

You explained nothing to me that I didn't already know .... and you did it badly!

Learn some manners!

Bats.

Liked
    0 times
    Nope. I'm merely stating fact. And certainly I don't need to be a representative of the copyright holder to do so.

Please re-read my original post, and you'll note I was only commenting on the false claims made by Media Classics (which are absolute piffle). It was NOT aimed at the original poster.

You yourself choose to repeat the assertion that "the company Media Classics claim gave them permission to sell this stuff". Would you also believe them if they 'claimed' the moon was made of green cheese? If that isn't gullibility, then...

If people wish to knowingly buy illegal bootlegs, then of course that's entirely their business. But somehow I very much doubt the original purchaser was aware of it.

Bootleggers often 'claim' many things to legitimise their wares... surely you'd agree it's only fair that those considering buying from them know the facts BEFORE doing so (and in this case, anyone else thinking of buying from these bootleggers).

Liked
    0 times
    name='nanduthalange']I bought the Scotland Yard series on 6 DVD-Rs. It was very nicly packaged, and post free. It cost me �29. It is sold by Media Classics, who also sell other crime classics such as trhe Edgar Wallace Mysteries. They say they have the permission of the copyright holder to produce them. The service was very quick, and I am very happy. As someone said, these are off-TV recordings.

Well I bought this series from media classics as well as quite a few of there other series, I had one damaged disc and it was replaced asap as soon as I told them about it they were always very helpful , this guy started out selling these on ebay but then set up a dedicated site It looks all above board but I suppose unless you see his agreement with Kruger we will never know.

cheers marker

Liked
    0 times
    name='marker']

Well I bought this series from media classics as well as quite a few of there other series as well, I had one damaged disc and it was replaced asap as soon as I told them about it they were always very helpful , this guy started out selling these on ebay but then set up a dedicated site It looks all above board but I suppose unless you see his agreement with Kruger we will never know.

I'm sure you had a very pleasurable experience with these bootleggers Marker. They're not all 'shady, two quid a pop down the local pub' merchants.

But I can tell you now there is absolutely no legitimacy in what they're selling. The material is unlicensed, and all the money made is pocketed by the bootlegger.

If someone were to contact Canal on Monday and make them aware of this bootlegger, how long do you think it would take their lawyers to have the site taken down...

Liked
    255 times
    name='Modular']You yourself choose to repeat the assertion that "the company Media Classics claim gave them permission to sell this stuff". Would you also believe them if they 'claimed' the moon was made of green cheese? If that isn't gullibility, then...

I am not disputing the accuracy of your 'facts'. It is the manner in which you chose to express your point of view that I objected to. Most people who use this forum are intelligent people and don't need you wagging your finger at them.

Yes, I used the word CLAIM, and in doing so was inferring that I did not believe them. If I had believed them I would have used the phrase 'the company who gave permission to Media Classics'.

Perhaps you were in too much of a hurry to justify your rudeness you forgot about the versatility of the English language, and of how some people like to use it to get their point across, instead of using bullying tactics.

If I misunderstood your first post, and you weren't insulting the original poster, then fair enough, but in future please be polite!

Bats.

Liked
    0 times
    name='batman']

If I misunderstood your first post, and you weren't insulting the original poster, then fair enough.

It's quite clear that you did.

As long as people looking to buy from bootleggers (rather than acquire from non-charging individuals, which is in itself illegal, but an argument for another time) are aware of the falsehoods advertised (including Media Classics), then to me the matter is now closed.

That reminds me, I must dig out those old VHS Scales of Justice tapes sometime...

Liked
    0 times
    name='batman']

I am not disputing the accuracy of your 'facts'. It is the manner in which you chose to express your point of view that I objected to.

Fine by me. Some accept bluntness, other don't. I'm certainly not going to argue the toss about it (way too OT).

name='batman']

Most people who use this forum are intelligent people...

Indeed I would suggest they all are (they wouldn't enjoy British films otherwise). However, the two (so far) who have bought from Media Classics don't appear to have known about the bootlegg status of their wares...

Anyway, as I said above, as far as I'm concerned the matter is now closed.

Liked
    255 times
    name='Modular']Anyway, as I said above, as far as I'm concerned the matter is now closed.

Bats.

Liked
    151 times
    These are bootlegs from Bravo. No need to be so combative lads; lets keep if friendly.

Liked
    0 times
    name='DB7']These are bootlegs from Bravo. No need to be so combative lads; lets keep if friendly.

As these were copied from Bravo can anyone tell me where the copies that Bravo used are now? I presume they were on film, and are they ever likely to put out on DVD.

Cheers Marker

Liked
    0 times
    You'll find there are a lot of people who'd love to see this kind of material released legally (preferably in dedicated boxsets). There's no reason StudioCanal can't at some point in the future, but they seem to be mainly interested in single feature film products right now.

Liked
    255 times
    Why does their seem to be no trace of Z Cars on DVD .... even the bootleg boys seem to have no luck with this series.

Bats.

Senior Member Country: UK
    Liked
    150 times
    name='batman']Why does their seem to be no trace of Z Cars on DVD .... even the bootleg boys seem to have no luck with this series.

Bats.
    Wasn't that in the 'old days' when they filmed it 'live' and, because the film was so expensive, they filmed over it again to save money? And it was a long time before videos - even Betamax (of which I still have a machine in my spare room!).

YDS x.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast